Nexus 6 arrived yesterday

lol no, I wish owned both.

A mate of mine just got his Nexus 6 and a family member has a Nexus 9, so I've had a bit of a go of both awesome pieces of tech.

I only ever buy Sony phones nowadays. Although, at times I've been known to purchase the odd Samsung or Huawei phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toyed with the idea of upgrading to a Nexus 6 from a Nexus 5, but the big size and even bigger price tag put me off.

How are you finding Lollipop? There are reports of a lot of problems with Lollipop and the Nexus 5, that and the lack of the Exposed framework have out me off updating.

Still pretty amazed that they called it Nexus 6, guess Blade Runner isn't quite in the publics mind as much as it used to be :)

Still pretty amazed that they called it Nexus 6, guess Blade Runner isn't quite in the publics mind as much as it used to be :)
Damn, you beat me to it.  Oh, well.

Be careful, they have a limited lifespan (4 years?) and are documented to not always function as they should.

My phone of 5 years started massively misbehaving forcing me to upgrade. I actually chose the Nexus 5 over waiting a bit for the 6. If I'd known about the 1+1 however, I'd probably have gotten that instead.

The 6 didn't seem to offer much more over the 5 that I needed, and the the extra size would have prevented it from fitting comfortably in my shirt pocket. The extra $300 was a big turn off, too :p

I'm finding lollipop a breath of fresh air, though I had been using it on my nexus 4 the bigger screen and faster CPU's more ram etc help make it feel soo buttery smooth.

Back