Newbie Fenix Question - Flambird Probs

spaceboygp32x

Im going thru marks tutorial/artical in the shiney new GPM!!! I just want to contribute!!

Ive written out my code in flamebird "hello world" - but when i go to compile it it says:

"Fenix directory is not configuered or does not exist"

I have tried to point flamebird to the runtime with no luck!

is there a help or readme to set up flamebird with the runtime?? flamebird is in spanish!

thnks guys

If your Flamebird is in Spanish you probably have the old Flamebird(the 0.x series), the new one is here. If you have the correct version you can go to Edit -> Preferences -> Compilation tab and make sure the directory specified contains FXI/FXC.

Moogle posted on Mar 17 2005 at 04:19 PM said:
If your Flamebird is in Spanish you probably have the old Flamebird(the 0.x series), the new one is here. If you have the correct version you can go to Edit -> Preferences -> Compilation tab and make sure the directory specified contains FXI/FXC.

sorry - i meant the help section

the app is in english mostly

ive told it where the file is but it still gives that message

Last edited by a moderator:
do you have it now/ fb2?

well when you do download it(fb2), it comes with some other files in the folder, thats the fb2 directory, also copy the bar thing near the top of the directory and then when you get to the thing on fb2 paste it on the thing you need it and walaa.

charga_man posted on Mar 17 2005 at 08:39 PM said:
do you have it now/ fb2?

well when you do download it(fb2), it comes with some other files in the folder, thats the fb2 directory, also copy the bar thing near the top of the directory and then when you get to the thing on fb2 paste it on the thing you need it and walaa.

"the thing", Very descriptive. :p

Trooper

Moogle posted on Mar 17 2005 at 09:43 PM said:
Are you sure you have FXI.exe and FXC.exe in the directory? If you have the GP32 release you might only have FXI.fxe and FXC.exe?

im gonna start again from scratch - re-download everything :D see how that goes

sPaCe :ph34r:

spaceboygp32x posted on Mar 17 2005 at 05:42 PM said:
Moogle posted on Mar 17 2005 at 04:19 PM said:

sorry - i meant the help section

the app is in english mostly

ive told it where the file is but it still gives that message

no luck

I have flamebird 2.11

I have fenix-084b-win32-src

when i start a new project I click - compile with special version of fenix - point to the fenix prog...

but i cant seem to get it to compile

still no luck!! <_<

can someone point me to intructions - please :D

Follow the instructions in my first tutorial (available on these boards), this should help.

EvilDragon posted on Mar 18 2005 at 07:22 PM said:
Follow the instructions in my first tutorial (available on these boards), this should help.

thanks ED - will do :D

EDIT: my hero.... again! :D

I've just followed the tuto of evil dragon but when I run flamebird 2.11, I have a box : ""file could not be loaded into memory space" and then I can't go to "preferences" so I cannot define the path of the compiler

Please help me, I really want to learn fenix

bye

well, a notebook with win xp, but now i have the error at startup about the help file !

Nevermind, I've started to learn qith the ED tuto but the old way, notepad + fxc.exe + fxi.exe and that works fine so it's cool.

bye and thanks

Back