New type of Nand being mass produced by samsung:

Foxgod

http://global.samsun...ow.com/?p=16897

This may give a new perspective on whether we should go for an internal SD card, or Nand.

This new type of Nand created by Samsung reaches read speeds of 140 MB per second, and 50 MB per second writing speed.

If SD cards cannot match this speed by the end of 2013, then going for this Nand chip might be a better idea, to maintain optimal data bandwith in the Pandora 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
with all of this new hardware coming out can't wait to see what the op gods mold together for the pando2

If SD cards cannot match this speed by the end of 2013, then going for this Nand chip might be a better idea, to maintain optimal data bandwith in the Pandora 2.

SD cards use NAND flash memory so i'm guessing that they will. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SD cards use NAND flash memory so i'm guessing that they will. :)

Well, youre right they use flash too, but in this case i am not sure if SD controllers will be able to handle the speed that this Nand can.

They would have to release a new type of SD controller of a much higher speed class then currently available.

^

It costs 960 $.

Don't think I'll get a SD card if it's more expensive than the Pandora istelf.

^

It costs 960 $.

Don't think I'll get a SD card if it's more expensive than the Pandora istelf.

bank_robbery_for_dummies.jpg

;)

Back