[ New Pandora Use ] Die! - Zombie App Killer

commander-beef

Very Active Member
Application:

Die! - Zombie App Killer

License:

Freeware

Info about: 

It's an app to kill stubborn/hung applications on OpenPandora. 

It resides in system tray [when started in XFCE]

Screen:

01.png

Download:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=zombie-app

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Looks better than Pandora button hold menu?

Maybe it could be replaced by DIEL?

(Didn't try yet. Screenshoot simply looks good)

Is there any advantage compared to xfce4 taskmanager?

Is there any advantage compared to xfce4 taskmanager?
hmm.. 

it works in MiniMenu, in XFCE it resides in system tray whole the time and its much smaller [compared to xfce4] and main purpose is to kill apps not monitor whole system. 

Speed might be a huge advantage.

If an application hangs it takes a long time to start up the xfce4 taskmanager.

Speed might be a huge advantage.

If an application hangs it takes a long time to start up the xfce4 taskmanager.
Im sure it's much-much faster than xfce4 taskman when it comes to loading time.. and less resource hungry

Im not sure about that. Windows has global keyhooks that helps with global shortcuts. But linux? Hmm.. I'll investigate that. But even with global shortcut there will be no way to see die app pop up when we use sdl fullscreen hardware scaler in app that we would like to kill.

I'll investigate that. But even with global shortcut there will be no way to see die app pop up when we use sdl fullscreen hardware scaler in app that we would like to kill.
Please check if you can. Even if the popup cannot be seen, would it be possible to kill any application using the SDL context ? I have no idea if that's even possible, but that's what basically prompts a hard reboot for me on Pandora sometimes. 

Im not sure about that. Windows has global keyhooks that helps with global shortcuts. But linux? Hmm.. I'll investigate that. But even with global shortcut there will be no way to see die app pop up when we use sdl fullscreen hardware scaler in app that we would like to kill.
input: you could directly poll the /dev/input/<...>

and for the hardware scaling - you could just use ofbset to reset the framebuffer rendering?

Both explained in details on the wiki: http://pandorawiki.org/Kernel_interface

Back