New owner, Newb Q's

liveunderwater

熱いソース
1. Is UAE4All coming back to the new kernel?

2. If I freeze and have to pull the battery, resulting in a false battery reading, how do I resync the battery?

3. When I change cpu clockspeed, should the clock speed be reflected on the desktop

4. Does the OP have key shorts to reboot from freeze? I can't find it.

Thanks for your patience as I figure this thing out.

You don't have to remove the battery, if the unit freezes! Just hold the Pandorabutton (below select) and flip the powerswitch to restart!

1. Not sure, but UAE4ALL can still be played on the older kernal in the meantime (hold the right trigger on bootup, and select the older kernal)

2. I don't know about the need to resync the battery, but there's certainly very few conditions where you'd need to remove it in normal use. I've not seen any evidence of false battery readings on my Pandora anyway.

3. the reading shown on the CPU indicator is just an icon for demonstrative purposes, it doesn't show the actual current clockspeed.

4. Easy rebooting tips. Flick power switch for low power moded on/off, hold poer switch for a few seconds to initiate shutdown (will display message on screen), and hold power switch and rPandora button to hard reset (instant)

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I missed the Pandora/Power switch combo. That will help alot! Most of these Emulators and random pnds are freezing on me. As for the battery... I had been removing it during bad freezes and last night it went from ~70% charge to 100% charge without charging and then dropped to 0% without use and in standby for less than an hour. It stayed on for half an hour before I decided to plug it in and go to sleep. Now I'm back at 100%, fingers crossed I didn't bang this thing up in the first weeks of it's life.

Back