New Mupen64Plus Video!

Looks good esp. at 800MHz I wonder what kind of hit battery life takes and more importantly the life of the SoC?

I wonder if the more popular games might benefit from specifically optimized versions of the emulator? Though I guess that would involve a lot more time and effort...

Arggggghhhhhhhhh..... youtube blocked at work, now gotta wait till I get home.

It's improved by leaps and bounds since the first video, and in such a short time, too - I'm very impressed. Many thankyous to all involved. :)

looks great, wonder how long till its completely done, cause i could play it like that, but if they make it run super smooth at 600mhz that would be kl, also as someone said above, id like to know how the over clock effects the battery

stephen0205 said:
looks great, wonder how long till its completely done, cause i could play it like that, but if they make it run super smooth at 600mhz that would be kl, also as someone said above, id like to know how the over clock effects the battery

I'm at work so can't do it for you but, there's been a fair few threads regarding overclocking, battery life, chip life etc. Probably fair bit of noise in them about the pro's and con's of doing it though.

Edit quick search:
This is what I could find from a quick search Overclocking

So clocking the cpu should't have a massive impact on how long you can play for. Other things have a bigger impact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Na-Noo said:
Arggggghhhhhhhhh..... youtube blocked at work, now gotta wait till I get home.
vixy.net

And yeah, looks great! Looking forward to OoT.

Shaun. said:
Is that the final case? Usually they use the translucent case.

nope, FDM case...

They had some black CNC cases made a while back too. I think some of the clear ones were passed on to software devs (Pickle, Cpas) when the black ones were made.

If it was a final case, we'd know all about it. ;)

stephen0205 said:

Overclocking from 600Mhz to 850Mhz increases battery drain by less than 15% so it isn't minor but also isn't particularly major.

Enverex said:
Overclocking from 600Mhz to 850Mhz increases battery drain by less than 15% so it isn't minor but also isn't particularly major.

The more major problem will be if not as many people can do 850MHz on production units.

john4p said:
vixy.net
And yeah, looks great! Looking forward to OoT.

Thanks, too many people around, hahaha....
Exophase said:
The more major problem will be if not as many people can do 850MHz on production units.

Yea that's true enough, but clocking is always a nice option for people who can, and want to. It'll be interesting to see what sort of clocks the production ones give in general.
Hopefully optimisation will negate the need, still think there's area's where they think they can wring some performance out of the Pand.

I'dd also be quite suprised if there wasn't a (tiny?) amount of optimisation to be done...

Kudos to the Ari64 and the Pandora Mupen64 crew. This looks awesome, and it's going to make 4000 people very happy in Two Months[sup]TM[/sup].

So mupen is still active right?
how hard would incorporating updates from new versions of mupen be?

Impresive, never thought to see nearly full speed so soon.

Please Mweston try zelda and tell us!

Back