new gp32linux files released

As much as I love linux I can't imagine that this would be worth it in any way. You only have 128mb of space max to run it off of which isn't enouch to do much of anything with. I know there are distros that can run the kerniloff a floppy but big deal this is still not that swift. As well you have a tiny screen slow processor limited ram and no keyboard. I know there is a chatboard hack out but I'm almost certain that this doesn't support it. It just seems like beyond a technical demonstration there really isn't much of a point to it. Although it is pretty impressive that it has been done I must say.

I think LINUX is more than a gadget for the GP32
It could be really usefull...
Even with 128M...
For a long time I had a running P75 with 100M HDD and 4M RAM under linux and that was great ....
It could compile C, pascal.....use a text writter...a sheet obard
and the CHA 01 is good enough to allow teext writting (not a novel of course)

see you ;)

linux was originally developed for 386's, and the latest versions will still happily run on them, so hardware isn't really a limitation. i'm not sure why people can't read the file dates on the sourceforge project page though. the new files are the filesystem patches.

there are really small and usefull linux distros..
like DamnSmallLinux (DSL) which is only 50MB !!
but has X and many programs...
ok i dont expect such things on the gp32, but it shows that the space is not the problem.

Back