New Gp2x Linux Skin: Flame Haze

Mr. Anderson

GP2x USER
Website
Visit site
I am pretty bored with my currently useless 2X so I decided to make yet another skin, even though my pulsar one isn't ready yet(need a working sd before enhancing it any further). Being lazy I just took my pulsar skin icons and used it for this skin, it worked out pretty well imo, however I might exchange them some time.

This skin is featuring the Anime Shakugan no SHANA, I chose it because of the pretty neat drawing style of the series, I hope some anime fans will enjoy it:

shanaprev1ls.jpg

You can download it directly from the file archive: *click*

Just a bit of friendly criticism, I have had your Pulsar skin in place for about a week.

I noticed that with this skin, as well as the pulsar skin, you put the most breathtaking and visually stunning screens where I never see them, the explorer and Energy control menus.

I think it might be cool if you put the drop dead gorgeous screens on the Movie Player, Game Starter, and Music Player, because I use those 90% of the time, and it would be nice to look at the best, 90% of the time.

Just my $0.02, you are free to do whatever you want.

I just put in my own feelings. :D

Thanks for all the good work, why don't you go to walmart (or something, fry's, best buy, circuit city) and pick up a $10 or $15 card while you wait for the new SD drivers?

I got a PNY Walmart brand 1GB for $59, high quality, slow slow speed, but I still have no problem with movies.

The PSX emu loads .bin's kinda slow, but since it's not playable, who cares?

nubie posted on Dec 12 2005 at 12:27 AM said:
Just a bit of friendly criticism, I have had your Pulsar skin in place for about a week.

I noticed that with this skin, as well as the pulsar skin, you put the most breathtaking and visually stunning screens where I never see them, the explorer and Energy control menus.

Is that so? Never thought of it. Honestly I can't really tell which of the backgrounds look best, but with this anime skin it's even harder to choose cause it has almost nothing that can be put in a category, it's most of all random stuff from the anime..

I think it might be cool if you put the drop dead gorgeous screens on the Movie Player, Game Starter, and Music Player

That's funny cause I thought the three you mentoined where actually the better looking backgrounds, in the pulsar skin ^^

I got a PNY Walmart brand 1GB for $59, high quality, slow slow speed, but I still have no problem with movies.

Oh I allready have a big 2GB one here... and a 512mb that doesn't work eather, the Sandisk 512mb is allready on it's way... it's just taking it's time, should have been here since wednesday <_<

-I am really currious how the pulsar skin will look on my gp2x, cause after viewing my preview of it on another screen it just looks not right anymore, the backgrounds seem washed out and too bright, but that might be the CRT Monitor I am currently using...

Last edited by a moderator:
nubie posted on Dec 11 2005 at 11:27 PM said:

First off PNY isnt walmarts brand. Its just a brand that walmart carries.They are very very good and reliable cards too. Much better than Sandisk in my oppinion. I got that same one with free shipping for $30. I am a memory freak I have 10 1gb sd cards! And 3 256mb and 2 128mb and a 512. Not all of them are in my palm pilots though they power everything from my cameras to my pda to my whatever else takes one. lol This was pretty much a useless post I dont know I guess I just jumped at the chance to talk about sd card memory!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking back, and you are right about the Movie Player in Pulsar, it is "rock on" awesome.

I just thought that Energy Control and Utilities were the next best two.

I really do like all of them except Photo and Game, The Photo one just looks a bit cheesy with those "bling" starbursts and the camera I feel looks cheap.

Game is just bland compared to all the other cool stuff in Pulsar.

The wash out is probably totally fixable, just needs some testing.

The main screen is good, but it would probably be perfect if you moved the star up and too the left a bit, I always seem to think I am selecting Game, even when I am not because the star is behind it.

I'd like to see it a couple ways, it might look better.

Move Energy Control to Game Starter
Move Utility to Picture Viewer.

Or,

Move Energy Control to Main
Move Main to Game Starter
Move Utility to Picture Viewer or Audio Player

I just thought it *might* look a little better, who knows, it might not.
Just a thought though.

For Flame Haze,

Try putting

Explorer for the main screen

Moving Main Screen to Game starter

Moving Energy Control to the Movie Player.

I think this might make the screen really pop out at you, really good for flashing it around to friends.

I know that I reversed the PNY/Walmart thing.
I should have said I bought a Walmart PNY Brand Card.
I probably wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't seen the PNY on the back of the package in fine print, there's no other way to know who makes it.

There arent too many good wallpapers for this anime yet. :angry:

Ive only found like 1 or 2 good ones, so its hard to base a skin on it. Close ups from the actual anime just dont seem to work rite, mite just be my opinion though ^.^

Back