Cpasjuste

Here is a preview of what i'm working on since a while :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m4k4yj_tHo

See you !

Cpasjuste said:

See you !
yeah what a crappy video! (reloads the video to watch again)

thanks for the video! wish to see more e17 though....

Last edited by a moderator:
Cpasjuste said:

See you !

I appreciate you making the video. I was wondering what it was like now after what Evil Dragon said.

-God Ginrai

The boot time is much faster then I hoped and the menu looks very responsive. But what is that loading bar at the bottom of the screen going the reverse direction?

Hum no, that's a description for each items. We can add as many item we want to boot in a configuration file with a comment, which scroll in the box. An autostart timer is a good idea, i will add it later.

Cpasjuste said:

See you !

the functionality looks nice and its pretty fast.

hopefully V1.0 will have a sharper UI :lol:
tried "insmod focus.ko" ?
:p

I know digicams have trouble focussing in low light, maybe you can try starting the recording with the lights on so it locks focus and turn them off afterward ?

c'est bien quand meme ;)

Looks great! I'm most impressed with the speed at which it recognizes the insertion of the SD card, finds all of the PNDs, loads them, and shows them in the GUI. It seems like it only takes a second or two, and ejecting the SD just removes them, without any issues. It's a shame the focus was so off though... :(

Vorporeal said:
Looks great! I'm most impressed with the speed at which it recognizes the insertion of the SD card, finds all of the PNDs, loads them, and shows them in the GUI. It seems like it only takes a second or two, and ejecting the SD just removes them, without any issues. It's a shame the focus was so off though... :(
Agreed it loaded that SD card with no messing. Im heartily impressed! More please :)

Thanks for this. Pmenu is looking slick, and the .PND loading seems to work as expected. I can't wait until it's mine to enjoy.

Hi :)
borgqueenx said:
thanks for the video! wish to see more e17 though....
+1 :) I hope we will have a lot of desktop environments / windows managers to choose from !
r00tw00t said:
The boot time is much faster...
I don't think so, it took ~40 secs for the Pandora to boot, which is a pretty long time IMO...
Vorporeal said:
Looks great! I'm most impressed with the speed at which it recognizes the insertion of the SD card, finds all of the PNDs, loads them, and shows them in the GUI. It seems like it only takes a second or two, and ejecting the SD just removes them, without any issues.
+1 again :)

I noticed two annoying things: the keyboard seemed to be noisy, and the screen fell back at a moment when you pressed a key...I hope these are prototype only issues...

Bye, Magic Sam

Magic Sam said:
I noticed two annoying things: the keyboard seemed to be noisy, and the screen fell back at a moment when you pressed a key...I hope these are prototype only issues...
I'm sure it was said the prototypes have nothing holding the screen up.

Yes of course it's a prototype, you won't have a falling screen on final boards ... :)
For the boot time, we boot from SD for now, so i bet it will be far faster from nand.

Yeah, that likely explains it. The other videos of the Pandora booting were quite a bit faster (well, a lot faster). Still, I see that yellow and blue light under the screen again, can you confirm that's the backlight and the backlight shining through something blue, or is it something else?

Also what lights does this version actually have?

Cpasjuste said:
Yes of course it's a prototype, you won't have a falling screen on final boards ... :)
For the boot time, we boot from SD for now, so i bet it will be far faster from nand.

+100000000

:pandora1: :ph34r:

This looks really great Cpasjuste- I wasn't sure how pnd loading would work with swapping SD's looks really nice and easy.

I love the smooth menu too- it's very pretty!

-Collin

Enverex said:
Yeah, that likely explains it. The other videos of the Pandora booting were quite a bit faster (well, a lot faster). Still, I see that yellow and blue light under the screen again, can you confirm that's the backlight and the backlight shining through something blue, or is it something else?

The lights in the center are backlights/other things that won't be seen in the final device. The lights on the sides are the LEDs for power and charging indicators, SD card usage, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. Those'll be seen by transmission to the case surface via transparent light pipes.

Vorporeal said:
Enverex said:

The lights in the center are backlights/other things that won't be seen in the final device. The lights on the sides are the LEDs for power and charging indicators, SD card usage, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. Those'll be seen by transmission to the case surface via transparent light pipes.

Really wish people would stop assuming I'm stupid.

Regarding the backlights, I was just wondering -exactly- what they were, if they were actually part of the screen and if that blue light really is a blue light or the light shining through something blue.
Also with the lights on either side, I was asking what -every- light was. Why? Because the renders are different than each other and it may have also been changed since then, so I wanted to know what they have finally decided on and where.

I'm extremely impressed with the load time of pnd packages. I was expecting this kind of sequence:

1) insert card
2) see loading animation (hourglass or whatever)
3) several seconds later everything is loaded

Maybe it'll be a little slower with a bunch of packages, but the barely 1 second load is really encouraging :)

Back