New 1.6.7 Firmware

WinnME

Still Fresh
Hi

I've just downloaded the new 1.6.7 final Firmware from GP32Spain.
after starting the fxe, I pressed the A Button in order to flash (can't read the korean Text ; B did just refresh the screen).
There came two progress bars, which were for flashing and verifying (I think).
After the progress was finished, I restarted my GP32.
When I got in the main menu of the Bios, I've pressed LRRLRRLL to check the Firmware's version.
But there's only the 1.6.6 (2003.5.21) written.

What does this mean?

Has Gamepark forgotten to change the Firmware's version number?

Was my GP32 not flashed?

Is there another way, to check the firmware's version??

Quick and dirty way - reflash your GP32 to a firmware OTHER then the European firmware (like MW, Pacrom, etc.), then reflash after that to the European firmware. Then you'll know for sure if you have the new European firmware flashed.

By the way, topics like this go in "I need help..."

Also, has anyone else whos taken this test noticed that the sound is coming out of the correct speakers now on the BLU? Is this a firmware fix or a hardware one?

by the way, gp32spain offered my only a fxe which flashs my system - but i want a .bin file to check it out with aquas 5.01 (it can launch .bin files without flashing).
can anyone flash the new eu fw 1.6.7 and then dump it, so we get a .bin? theres a guide at gp32emu which describes how to dump.

well i quote what i have posted in the news comments

hello people!
in the forums of GP32Spain.com

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread....&threadid=11468

some members have upgraded to this new FW version, and there is a huge speed up loading/playing games and emus (i didn't upgrade my GP yet)

the authors of the GPMOH project have upgraded 2 GPs with th same results :
a increase of 10-12 fps running the last compilation of GPMOH O_O! compared to other GP not upgraded

it's incredible that a simple upgrade of the bios makes such difference :)

i'll try it!! (not now, my batteries aren't full charged) and you? ;)

bye!

there was also noticed a better smooth/speed emulation with NesterGP and other emus

but i haven't tried it yet, low batteries :ph34r:

bye!

sounds awesome ill flash this when i get home then (and dump it) :)
or stay aqua 5.01.... hmm..

read that thread at gp32spain with babelfish and some (around 3) ppl are already cofirming that there ARE improvements in emus or yeti3d and stuff. gotta check this out!

then wait theres another way just give me a second ok then theres no need to flash i flashed mine and i dumped it to a bin format so you can load it in aqua firmware (if you flashed to that) then use zpr maker to make a menu of firmware as you can load bin files so you can have original korean euro pacrom and new firmware does any one have an email i can send the dumped firmware to as I canot upload to the site.

tom

i'm not lying ;)

i haven't tried it yet because of low batteries

i only give you this info

since i trust the people who posted that at GP32Spain

so i will flash mine when i got my batteries full charged

but if you don't believe this, easy!, try it with GPBIOS or aquafish MFW

but ATM, i don't know where a BIN of the FW is for download :(

bye! ;)

PD: yes, that it is a huge speed up for a bios upgrade :ph34r:

Btw is the new europian firmware in english or korean or is it able to change from language to language??

Back