Nes Emu

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
I just got my GP2X in yesterday, and have been... Well, basically peeing myself in joy.
I have a lot of stuff on there already, SSNES, skin chooser, clonekeen, Tilematch, quake, and, of course, DrMD. But I'm lacking a good NES emu to top the stack. Which is the best, so far?

Thanks.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 17 2006 at 01:26 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 16 2006 at 08:24 PM said:
I like FCE-Ultra gp2x (found here: Teh Link)
yea, ive found that one to be quite good thus far

Hmmm, I find this to be very slow and with choppy sound. NES2x is better but still not as good as is available on the GP32 or GBA.

It is still early days for the GP2x and it is only Mega Drive, C64 and MAME emulation that are really worth using at the moment. The Gameboy emulator is also excellent but doesn't support saves yet. NES emulation is bound to get better though as it is one of the most emulated machines ever.

Tilematch is great though, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
WhizzBang posted on Feb 17 2006 at 01:41 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 17 2006 at 01:26 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 16 2006 at 08:24 PM said:
I like FCE-Ultra gp2x (found here: Teh Link)
yea, ive found that one to be quite good thus far

Hmmm, I find this to be very slow and with choppy sound. NES2x is better but still not as good as is available on the GP32 or GBA.

It is still early days for the GP2x and it is only Mega Drive, C64 and MAME emulation that are really worth using at the moment. The Gameboy emulator is also excellent but doesn't support saves yet. NES emulation is bound to get better though as it is one of the most emulated machines ever.

Tilematch is great though, isn't it?

Don't forget the Atari systems. 2600, 400/800/5200, Tuskenraider's Lynx, and St are all great too.

thelamer posted on Feb 16 2006 at 11:41 PM said:
Dude drmdx ?? Did everyone forget about poor sonic ?
WhizzBang posted on Feb 16 2006 at 06:41 PM said:
It is still early days for the GP2x and it is only Mega Drive, C64 and MAME emulation that are really worth using at the moment.

isn't the retro handheld life wonderful? Neo Geo, MAME, Genesis, Atari ST, Lynx on GP2X; and fast booted Gameboy, PC Engine and NES action on GP32 BLU?

What we need now are decent Amiga (Critical is moving fast), GBA (should be possible) and SNES (go for it Squidge) emus.

it'le rock when the allegro lib is complete theres a load of kickass emulators that are allegro based such as Nestopia the best of all nes emulators

I really hope the SquidgeSnes EMU will be improved :)

Even with the bad sound, i enjoy playing it very much anyway, i get like 18 fps on Dragon Quest 6, and it's ok for me!

Getting batteries now! DRAGON QUEST HERE I COME!

squidge is done with his snes emu for a while i believe, as he has a homebrew console now he's toying with (check his blog)

Jarska333 posted on Feb 17 2006 at 01:08 PM said:
Are you suggesting he can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time? :)
Well, it is pretty difficult. One needs a high level of coordination to pull such an amazing trick off. I'm still working at it myself.

Back