Need Help Finding A USB Driver

leesapsin

Still Fresh
Hi I just got my gamepark today. I am having trouble finding a usb driver. I have tried downloading the one from gamepark homepage but there is only one file the gp32usb.sys file. Anyone know where I can get a working one. I would reallt appretiate it.

Hi Craig I went to the site you told me to and download the file. I got 2 files in that one gp32usb.sys & bulkpnp.c does anyone have all files needed? Getting fustrated!! Or can anyone send me the files needed.

Thanks

Hi Craig I went to the site you told me to and download the file. I got 2 files in that one gp32usb.sys & bulkpnp.c does anyone have all files needed? Getting fustrated!! Or can anyone send me the files needed.

Thanks

If your problem is that windows says it cannot find the driver file use 'browse' (or similar) and show it where those files you downloaded are.

Ive checked drivers from Gamepark site and they seems ok. In a zip file there are two files: GP32USB.inf and GP32Usb.sys. Unpack them to choosen directory. Connect your GP32 to PC using usb cable (included in the box). When its connected to PC, switch it on. Your windows should inform you about new usb device. After that there is a typical new hardware wizard which let you through all the process. You have to just point to directory where those two unpacked files exist. After that, it can happens that wizard will ask you again about GP32USB.inf (or GP32Usb.sys, its not important now). Just point to the same directory. After that it will inform you that you ve installed Gamepark USB device (or something like that). Thats all. How do you people find problem in such simple thing ? :))

Hello, Can someone help me. I know that you download the USB drivers then do you have to unzip the files by using WINZIP? I tried that and it didn't work. SOmeone please help me. I have had my GP32 for weeks and I still haven't figured out how to register it. When I go to Gamepark it says that it can't open my USB port. Someone please help me. Thank you.

hmmm... I just got a new computer (upgraded from win 98 to XP).

I DLed the new drivers, and installed them. I got into Pc-Link fine, but as soon as I tryed to do anything, the GP32 would say "sending data error no response" and the program would crash on my computer... would anyone know what might have happened...

Hello,
Thanks for all the help so far. I finally figured out how to use the drivers and Authentification process. But I have one more question. When I registered it said "Succeed In Register" but that is it. When I tried to download the free launcher it said I needed my Authentifcation password or something. Do I get that by e-mail? Anyone know how long it takes? thanks for all your help.

It's just your password for gamepark's site. I had a slight problem when the server was busy, just try logging out and back in again and you should be able to dl the freelauncher.

Hope this helps

Mooby

Thanks "egg&moobymuffin". That worked, but now I have trouble with the PC-link software. I downloaded the free launcher and some things to put on my Gp32 for instance wind-ups.fpk. When I try to install it my computer says that there was an unknown error and that it couldn't send the file to my GP32. Do you know what it could be? THanks very much for all your help. By the way, where is the ID of your GP32 stored? Is that important?

Erm have you formated you smart media card?
If not then you won't be able dl anything onto it.

That's probably the reason it is coming up with an unknown error.

Try that ;)

Hi,
Umm.....may sound dumb, but what do you mean when you say format? How do you format your SMC? Thanks for all help. :rolleyes:

On Pc-link click - file - format with your SMC in your GP32 that will create the directorys you will need to put your files in.

Pretty easy

Mooby

Thanks for help. I haven't tried to format my SMC yet, but now I get a communication error message. How did you say you fixed that? Thanks again for help. ;)

Connect your GP32 to your computer, Click on PC-link, then put your GP32 into pc connect mode. Click ok. Then format your SMC and you should be able to download onto you Gp32.

Give that a try

Mooby

Mooby,

I formatted my SMC! THANKS. That's what the prob was. So I installed a program (wind-ups.fpk) and it seemed to work. the screen of my gp32 showed all this stuff loading. But then I tried to access the program, but it was no where to be found on my gp32. It wasn't in MP3, game, or PC-link. How do you access things that you install on your gp32? I don't know. One problem down, a million more. HAHA. Thanks for help!

Not quite sure on this, as i haven't used windups my self although i believe it to be a GUI a bit like a version of windows.

What do you want to do with your GP32?

What games do you want to play?

Lets start here and see if i can solve your probs

Mooby

Hello,
Yes, Windups is a kind of Windows. It can create a desktop like on Windows with a file launcher etc. Well anyway I installed it on my GP32 but I can't find it. I saw the screen of my GP32 and all this installation stuff was happening, but then I don't know where it went on my GP32. Also how do you put MP3's on your GP32? I put a cd with downloaded music in mp3 format in my cd drive and when I went to MP3 basket in Pc-link host. no music or file showed up. I went to the correct cd drive, I am sure of that. Well, do you know how to put MP3's on your GP32? Thanks so much for all your help so far. I don't know what I would do without it. :rolleyes:

Back