NAND to SD Card boot.txt issue

MarioPandio

I've followed the wiki guide to copying your NAND install to an SD card (takes around 3 1/2 hours) http://pandorawiki.org/Running_Linux_from_an_SD_card and have created the boot.txt file in notepad++ converted to UNIX format, however I cant copy it to the SD card's root, as the permissions are set as read only.

What terminal command is required to temporarily allow me access to paste in the auto/boot.txt and then to revert it back the way it was? As I imagine it wont boot if the permissions are anything but what is expected.

This step is missing from the wiki unless something has gone wrong in the process :huh:

Any help appreciated.

I've followed the wiki guide to copying your NAND install to an SD card (takes around 3 1/2 hours) http://pandorawiki.org/Running_Linux_from_an_SD_card and have created the boot.txt file in notepad++ converted to UNIX format, however I cant copy it to the SD card's root, as the permissions are set as read only.

What terminal command is required to temporarily allow me access to paste in the auto/boot.txt and then to revert it back the way it was? As I imagine it wont boot if the permissions are anything but what is expected.

This step is missing from the wiki unless something has gone wrong in the process :huh:

Any help appreciated.
just do sudo cp /media/whereever.txt /media/BOOTCARD/boot.txt and it will copy it for you with root privledges,

I try to avoid changing privileges,

then if you want to autoboot you can sudo mv /media/BOOTCARD/boot.txt /media/BOOTCARD/autoboot.txt

Or sudo mousepad /media/BOOTCARDNAME/boot.txt

this will open mousepad, then just copy and paste the boot.txt contents into the window and hit save

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou. I had thought that method would likely work but given it takes so long in the event it messes something up, I felt it better to ask first.

Back