GP32 Name Of New OggVorbis Player

What should be the new name of the OggVorbis Player with the working title "Project Bluescreen&

• Ogg SvOrbis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SvOrbis

• SvOggi

• V.A.M.P (Vorbis Audio Media Player)

• T.O.P (The Ogg Player)

• Total voters

SvOlli

Certified Guru
Website
svolli.org
Congratulations. You suggested better names than the ones I thought of. Thank you so far.

I've made my choice. Here are the five nominees for the name of "Project Bluescreen". The vote will be closed in 48 hours. (Candidates are listed in order of appearence.)

Greetings,
SvOlli

Edit:
as of now, Wednesday 9:00 AM, the votes are:
  • 1 for Ogg SvOrbis
  • 15 for SvOrbis
  • 15 for SvOggi
  • 15 for V.A.M.P
  • 5 for T.O.P
You all did this on purpose, just to pick on me. :D

Since I didn't vote, I have to choose between the three top votes, I guess.
Well If I add the one Ogg SvOrbis vote to SvOrbis this one will win. On the direct comparison of SvOggi/SvOrbis, SvOrbis is also the term that matches better technically. Vorbis is the name of the audio compression scheme, while Ogg is the name of the container format.

So I guess SvOrbis will be the name that fits best.

Thanks for your help so far.

The next release will be out soon, featuring config file support and random play. The thing I still have to hack in is the new name. (Anyone here, who wants to draw a logo? Please contact me.)

I'll be also putting a website together, a mailing list has been created already.
To get on the mailing list, just send an email to minimalist(at)svolli(dot)dynxs(dot)de with the subject "subscribe svorbis", and you're on.

Greetings,
SvOlli

Back