MyPaint picture gallery

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
Thanks to First, we have MyPaint with pressure suport, and we started making nice pictures:

I think that we should make some kind of gallery somewhere, just to share our nice paintings. That other thread isn't visited too often, so maybe at first here, and later - I don't know - on wiki? How do you think?

Let me start with my pictures, I hope that others will at first re-post their pictures from original thread, and later add more of them.

As a general rule, I propose that everybody will edit their first post here, to add more pictures, so that they all will be stacked on the first page. Later posts will be for discussion (including quoting some new picture, from first page, that someone else wants to comment about). By this way opening the first page will let us look at all of them, and going to last page will allow us to follow recent discussion.

There we go :)

mypaint-1.png

mypaint-2.png

mypaint-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice thread and pictures. Its good what has already occurred in Pandoraville and hope still remains for so much more :) Is the last a local sketch?

Can I humbly request that if you're going to post a lot of images, put them behind spoiler tags? Especially with larger images, as they load it makes my screen jump all over the place, and I don't have a particularly slow connection. :(

Feel free to ignore this request if you think it will inhibit the creativity or something, it doesn't bother me so much that I'd want to inconvenience others. :)

This ones wrapped up for the Wizard behind the spoiler curtain at the bottom of Cosurgi's yellowish road...

tiganjallow.png

Whats really weird beyond the freaky picture though, is that on my Pandora this is in colour! Clearly the Pink Tint of Death at work.

Go easy please as this is a first attempt and my touchscreen is mis-calibrated as the LCD cable is dying.

Workmen>tools>Blame etc :)

Very nice thread and pictures. Its good what has already occurred in Pandoraville and hope still remains for so much more :) Is the last a local sketch?
Not a local sketch, I was traveling in a train, that's just my imagination.

This ones wrapped up for the Wizard behind the spoiler curtain at the bottom of Cosurgi's yellowish road...

tiganjallow.png
Whats really weird beyond the freaky picture though, is that on my Pandora this is in colour! Clearly the Pink Tint of Death at work.
Nice start! :)

Can I humbly request that if you're going to post a lot of images, put them behind spoiler tags?(...)
Oh, sure. No problem.

You guys are awesome. Drawing was never my strong suit, but these pictures are so pretty I might have to try again anyway :)

Drew this on the train on the way home yesterday, and coloured it when I got home.

All done on the Pandora.

(Some minor colour correction, cropping & scaling was done on the PC before uploading, but that's it)

It's my interpretation of a Minecraft creeper. (Minecraft Reddit post)

YUXVD.png

I use MyPaint on my tablet PC for doing my webcomic, so I've had a bit of experience with the software.

The screen's obviously a lot smaller, and the software can be pretty sluggish compared to the laptop, but the pressure support is suprisingly good.

A bit more optimisation (either in the software, or my local configuration) and it could be really nice to use.

You have a webcomic?! Why no link in your sig? Beaver and Steve have one!

Also, cool creeper.

One of the reasons my Pandora needed repairs a few months back was that it jhad a faulty touchscreen I needed to add extra force for it to register as an input. I just hope this new one I have wont have a similar problem. :( Cause I right now I'm painting extensively on my pandora. :) Anybody had a similar problem like mine in the past?

This is a bit off topic but has anyone tried using a USB drawing tablet with the Pandora. My buddy has been bugging me to buy his old one for a "nominal" fee and having it work with the Pandora would sway my wallet. Unfortunately he's not buddies enough to let me try and see if it works first. lol

This is a bit off topic but has anyone tried using a USB drawing tablet with the Pandora. My buddy has been bugging me to buy his old one for a "nominal" fee and having it work with the Pandora would sway my wallet. Unfortunately he's not buddies enough to let me try and see if it works first. lol

I had wondered this as well. That could make the Pandora a very powerful and useful tool for artists. Still it's pretty cool what can be done with the touchscreen though, but an actual Wacom tablet could really be neat as I think it might be difficult to draw on the screen for long.

The only trouble is that GIMP, Xournal, and MyPaint run a bit slow for quick strokes, even at 800Mhz.

I had wondered this as well. That could make the Pandora a very powerful and useful tool for artists. Still it's pretty cool what can be done with the touchscreen though, but an actual Wacom tablet could really be neat as I think it might be difficult to draw on the screen for long.

I just hooked up my Wacom Intuos 4 tablet to see if we would get lucky, nut unfortunately it is not supported. The USB device is enumerated but there are no suitable drivers. If I remember correctly, later versions of the Linux kernel include Wacom support, so the best option is probably to wait until the next OS update. Might be possible to install some other drivers (it works well on Ubuntu).

A while ago I tried plugging in my Wacom Bamboo One tablet and it worked more or less. problem was that whenever I touched the tablet (with the pen) moving didn't work anymore, Only after taking it away from the tablet and going back it worked again. Pen pressure also work in some way (in mypaint) but I had the feeling it was inverted...

Drew this on the train on the way home yesterday, and coloured it when I got home.

All done on the Pandora.

(Some minor colour correction, cropping & scaling was done on the PC before uploading, but that's it)

It's my interpretation of a Minecraft creeper. (Minecraft Reddit post)

YUXVD.png
I use MyPaint on my tablet PC for doing my webcomic, so I've had a bit of experience with the software.

The screen's obviously a lot smaller, and the software can be pretty sluggish compared to the laptop, but the pressure support is suprisingly good.

A bit more optimisation (either in the software, or my local configuration) and it could be really nice to use.

Now that's pretty f*cked up right there. But I like it. I like it. :D

Back