My Pandora Is Crashed

laurent0977

Hi,

I do a release on hotfix 4 but my pandora don't run on linux after reboot. i have a screen launch and after a black screen.

Thanks for your help
Laurent

Sorry for the flood.

I download the complete firmware hotfix 5. I think install a complete firmware on my pandora.

But i read instruction i have question. I put file hot fix 5 on sd card specific without other files (app or emulator) ??.

i create a file pandora and put in hotfix file or i conserse structure file pandora appdata, apps, desktop, menu ??

I don't unzip bootf ??

Thanks for your help

Laurent

lolo1977 said:
Sorry for the flood.

I download the complete firmware hotfix 5. I think install a complete firmware on my pandora.

But i read instruction i have question. I put file hot fix 5 on sd card specific without other files (app or emulator) ??.

i create a file pandora and put in hotfix file or i conserse structure file pandora appdata, apps, desktop, menu ??

I don't unzip bootf ??

Thanks for your help

Laurent

Ok, there are some misunderstandings.
This (HotFix5-Zaxxon.pnd) can be used to install like a simple update and should be started from the desktop on the pandora.
From the Updates and Firmware page:
"This package is an update for the first release of the Pandora OS. To install it, simply download the .PND-Package and place it into either the /pandora/menu or /pandora/desktop - Folder on your SD-Card.
Simply start it and follow the on-screen instructions. You can remove the .PND-Package from the card once it has been installed.
There is no need to install any previous Hotfixes - all the fixes are included in the package as well."

The other file (the bigger one) here (Zaxxon-HF5.zip) is to completely delete the internal memory in case the pandora doesn't start up correctly. It installs the complete firmware. This has nothing to do with appdata and pandora folders. Just follow the instructions:
"1. Extract the contents of this zip to root (main) directory (folder) of your FAT32-formatted SD card.
2. Make sure the pandora is turned off (remove the battery in case it crashes or doesn't turn off by using normal means).
3. Insert that SD card into pandora's first slot (it's the one closer to headphone jack).
4. Press and hold the right trigger ('R'), then turn the power on (if you have battery removed, insert it while holding R).
5. A menu should appear on screen. Select "boot from SD1" using the d-pad by pressing B or X.
6. Wait for flash process to finish. Connect the charger to be sure the battery doesn't run out while flashing. Press enter when asked to do so.
7. The device should turn off, press power (without holding R) to turn it back on.
8. It should then start it's first boot process which might take up to 15 minutes, be sure to wait for it to finish, otherwise firmware corruption might happen."

That means: Format an SD card (Fat32), extract the zip, insert to left slot in pandora, turn it on while holding right shoulder button R and install ;) .
If your pandora doesn't recognize your SD-Card as a bootable medium, then try to format it with this tool instead of using windows integrated format tool: SDFormatter 3.0

Link to Updates and Firmware

Last edited by a moderator:
Back