My Pandora internal Wlan MOD with Pictures

ingoreis

Hardcore Member
Staff member
Hi i bought this

58541_05.jpg

on Ebay and assembled it in my Pandora for connecting

a external Wlan Antenna into the internal Port.

I did the same with my Fritz Box from AVM and hmm why not with the Pandora?

Pictures here:

Bild058.jpg

Bild059.jpg

Bild060.jpg

Bild062.jpg

Here with my normal Antenna

Bild063.jpg

And here for testing with a 16DB Wlan Antenna ;)

Bild064.jpg

Sorry for bad Image Quality,cheap Mobile Phone and bad Light :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I made this a half Hour before,need Time for testing :rolleyes:

Cannot say so fast a Result ^_^

(Was a Idea and the Wlan Antenna hold the Display right ;) )

Edit: I download for testing Pandora Firmware over Pandora and have download Speed around 500-600KB

with my GHZ Pandora.

Is this faster then other Results?

My Goal was not a faster Connection,i wanted a stronger Wlan Signal and more Meters arround

my Router better Connection.

Seem to work good,my Wlan Connection is more Stable and i have a greater Range.

1. Its kinda obvious that a big antenna (for a given design wavelength) will be better than a small one
  2. Its this kind of mod that makes pandoras awesome - great work :)

Thx i had little Fear to destroy that Pandora Case while digging a Hole,

but the Plastic from the Case was so stable that it dont broken.

Was little Luck too,byside i soldered my Left Noob,because it worked not good,but now perfectly ;)

The Case is more stable as i thought :rolleyes:

Let it no longer be said we don't support noobs well enough. Each Pandora comes with two of them: a left noob and a right noob :)

Edit: And can I just say, awesome mod!

Edit: I download for testing Pandora Firmware over Pandora and have download Speed around 500-600KB

with my GHZ Pandora.

Is this faster then other Results?
That's about what people with "good" wifi get, the people with "bad" wifi get less than 100KB/s. What were you getting before the new antenna? The chip itself has a practical max speed of about 900KB/s, so 500-600KB is reasonable considering there's probably a lot more interference going on with the chip itself that an external antenna can't fix.

Nice one. Reminds me that I want to integrate my mini wlanstick into my Pandora...

Please test the maximum range now. Very interested if it did increase a lot.

Thx...i disabled my Wlan Repeater and now the real Test :)

On my couch where i ever had a little fight for Wlan Connection,work it fine now.

There are 3 Walls in the Way,many other Wlans in near and my Girlfriend plays on her Laptop Facebook Games 1 Meter left of me.

Android work with this Internet Connection much better.

I use the Tiny Wlan Antenna for this and yesterday tried i Slashtop again and it seem to The entire Connection Responsing faster.

Before i assembled this fighted i often in my Living Room with the Connection and It feels like a little Speedup and the Range is realy greater,work on my Balcony too.

I think my before Wlan max Downloading Speed was around 300-500 KB And after this 500-600,but i did not try that Sudo iwconfig wlan0 poweroff command(must see in another Thread for the exactly command) :D

Byside...Tapatalk work very Fine on Pandora ^_^

Back