My last Pandora on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman

Advanced Member
Here is the last Pandora that I currently have to sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pandora-Open-Source-Handheld-Gaming-System-NEW-Wiz-GP2X-/320561820836?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games&hash=item4aa2f934a4

I do have more coming(15 total units), but they are in the 3000-4000 first batch range. They should hopefully be arriving within the next few months, but we all know how that goes. :p

For those of you interested in my next batch, please just save my Ebay user name, and when I list some more, you will be sent an auction link thru Ebay. Those will hopefully go for lower prices, so if your not interested in waiting on the teams second batch, please be on the lookout. I will list any future auctions here in the market place also, so don't worry.

To all those members who supported me in my auctions,
and to those lucky few who actually won,
Thank You Very Much!

Chris

Someone reported your post so I changed the title. He finds it unethical that you want others to post in your thread by giving the impression that this is the "official Pandora on eBay thread".

mali said:
Someone reported your post so I changed the title. He finds it unethical that you want others to post in your thread by giving the impression that this is the "official Pandora on eBay thread".
Yeah, that's cool Mali. Differant strokes for differant folks uh! If someone didn't want to post here, they didn't have to. I was just continuing what was started in the main Pandora thread. I move to the marketplace, and someone still has a problem. You can't win around here! :p

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright Guys/Gals, There is just around 24hrs left on my current auction(see link above).

This is it for awhile, until my next order arrives.

Chris

It currently stands at over $1000 more than the RRP. Which basically just goes to show people have a lot more money have sense.

Nova said:
It currently stands at over $1000 more than the RRP. Which basically just goes to show people have a lot more money have sense.
...or perhaps just more money than patience.

Have a Pandora today for $1000 extra, or get one for RRP three(? more?) months from now from Batch Two.

Doesn't suit me, and I'm personally quite happy to wait for mine to rock up Whenever, but if I had $1000 I wouldn't notice missing and really REALLY wanted a Pandora *right now*... who knows?

daclassicgamingmaster said:
You bought Pandoras to sell them on ebay for a profit?

Am I correct?
No.......I actually bought them to help the team. Making a profit is the by product of me purchasing extra when many here and around the world wouldn't risk buying one. I would have been happy to sell them at cost, if that's what the market dictated(or a loss). I invested much money with the team, because I believed in what they where doing, and I wanted them to see it thru.

I'm no programmer or engineer, so I did what I could. Which was to invest my money. If the project had gone under, everyone would call me a jackass for investing my money with a bunch of clowns. Instead, I'm called many other things since I'm selling units for profit. I make my living currently selling items on Ebay. So I didn't just wake up and say, "Hey .Im gonna sell Pandora's today"! I'm currently selling many other items that have nothing to do with the Pandora. Is there something wrong with selling those things for a profit? I guess I don't understand the question! :p

Chris

SomeGuy99 said:
Are all Pandoras going for this much?
The highest one went for $1875, and I believe that was the very first sold. Then the lowest has been around $500 or so!

Chris

Fishbong said:
jumpman said:

Am I correct?
No.......I actually bought them to help the team.
Aha.
So, how much of that money do you plan to donate to the developer's fund?
NONE! How does donating to the developer's fund help the team?

I donated to the fund with my original preorder. Now I just donate straight to the developer of the programs I like and use!

Chris

jumpman said:
NONE! How does donating to the developer's fund help the team?
I think arguing that a larger and better software library would help selling more Pandoras is not too far fetched.

jumpman said:

Am I correct?
No.......I actually bought them to help the team. Making a profit is the by product of me purchasing extra when many here and around the world wouldn't risk buying one. I would have been happy to sell them at cost, if that's what the market dictated(or a loss). I invested much money with the team, because I believed in what they where doing, and I wanted them to see it thru.

I'm no programmer or engineer, so I did what I could. Which was to invest my money. If the project had gone under, everyone would call me a jackass for investing my money with a bunch of clowns. Instead, I'm called many other things since I'm selling units for profit. I make my living currently selling items on Ebay. So I didn't just wake up and say, "Hey .Im gonna sell Pandora's today"! I'm currently selling many other items that have nothing to do with the Pandora. Is there something wrong with selling those things for a profit? I guess I don't understand the question! :p

Chris

I wasn't born yesterday, and I'm willing to bet no one else on this forum was, either. You "invested"? I guess, yeah. You're "helping the team" by buying more than everyone else (aka being greedy) when you know full well this is a niche item with an almost cult following? Get real. Sounds like you're a scumbag to me!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for buying/selling for profit. Hell, I got toasted for selling the Wii on ebay for profit back in 2006...But the difference is that a multi-billion dollar corporation mass produced that world-wide and continued to crank them off the assembly line to meet demand.

I don't see how anyone can take such a limited item and exploit it for massive profits knowing full well that there are people who DON'T HAVE A PANDORA NOW BECAUSE YOU WERE GREEDY. And again, we're dealing with a small company with no guarantees of new batches in the near future.

You disgust me :)

I notice the price has gone down. As of 6, the price was almost at $1600. What gives? Is this a different one?

Nova said:
I notice the price has gone down. As of 6, the price was almost at $1600. What gives? Is this a different one?
No, it's the same one. The high bidder noticed that he didn't have enough funds in his account, and asked me to cancel out his bids.

Chris

I don't see how anyone can take such a limited item and exploit it for massive profits knowing full well that there are people who DON'T HAVE A PANDORA NOW BECAUSE YOU WERE GREEDY. And again, we're dealing with a small company with no guarantees of new batches in the near future.

By my guesstimation, about 50% of people who ordered at the start ended up cancelling. In the 18 months that followed, there was a constant turnover of of cancellations and new orders. Anyone who wanted a pre-order could have gotten one.

Now, I'm pretty pissed about not having my Pandora yet and it does sting a bit to see multiple purchases making their way to ebay before mine has even arrived. But it's not like Jumpman is running the supply dry in order to profit. The only thing running dry is peoples' patience, which is why they're paying big bucks now so they don't have to wait. Jumpman didn't create that situation. He, like all of us, thought we'd see 3,000+ delivered by January 09.

Gruso said:

By my guesstimation, about 50% of people who ordered at the start ended up cancelling. In the 18 months that followed, there was a constant turnover of of cancellations and new orders. Anyone who wanted a pre-order could have gotten one.

Now, I'm pretty pissed about not having my Pandora yet and it does sting a bit to see multiple purchases making their way to ebay before mine has even arrived. But it's not like Jumpman is running the supply dry in order to profit. The only thing running dry is peoples' patience, which is why they're paying big bucks now so they don't have to wait. Jumpman didn't create that situation. He, like all of us, thought we'd see 3,000+ delivered by January 09.
Ditto
I know there were places available on the pre-order in march/april cause thats when I Pre-ordered,
He simply took a chance and invested in something many people thought would fail the chance paid and he has done well from it,

I honestly don't see a problem with this.
Would it be better if he was giving his profits back to the dev team for nice things like say, a batch of replacement parts to repair slightly botched pandoras? Yes.

Is it cool that he can take a $350 product and turn each one into a $700+ Profit? Definitely. It just goes to show how much interest IS in the pandora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back