My Gp2x Is'nt Saving When In Use. Thank You For Help.

Troy the Great

Still Fresh
When I use my gp2x I will play my roms in the different emulators and save my place and I will come back to continue and the save state will not be there. I will save a setting in an emulator and I will come back and the setting will not be the same. This not saving thing happens in every thing I run on my gp2x. Anything I do it does not save onto my card. I am using a turbo SD 150x 4gb memory card. I have never had this problem before it just started recently. Thanks for the help.

Make sure you properly exit emulators rather than shutting off right after saving.

If that doesn't work, your SD card may be corrupted. Back it up, reformat it, and put your files back on.

Blah posted on Feb 18 2007 at 06:56 PM said:
Make sure you properly exit emulators rather than shutting off right after saving.

If that doesn't work, your SD card may be corrupted. Back it up, reformat it, and put your files back on.

Found that out myself...that wasn't a fun time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you format it, check that it might be write protected, there's a small mechanical plastic lock on each SD card:

/== ===|
|== ===i <---
|== ===|
|== ===|
|== ===|

Edit: The white spaces were truncated :(

Yeah it's either the write protection or corruption.

Run CHKDSK on your card (Windows)

Thanks guys. This is very unfortunate I just got done spending lots of time filling my 4gb full of new stuff. Oh well. :(

Back