My Gp History (spanish User)

Esp3tek

Still Fresh
Hi, i'm the owner of http://esp3tek.bitacoras.com/ (spanish blog of gamepark)
i come of gp32spain and there i found the same problems with XGP series than here

when I bought myself my gp2x, i bought it because in gp32spain, the people said

-xgp will cost 300€
-gamepark don't send answers of the mails (oO)
-xgp will be closed
-xgp hate homebrew
-gp2x its the new successor of gp32
-gph is the good & open mind company
-6h of batteries with gp2x( :ph34r:)

when I used during a time, i becomed to open my eyes

-the batteries flyes
-stick...
-quality of materials...
-great screen :/

i can't enjoy more of 2h40min i don't want enjoy
when i sent a mail to gamepark the first time, in 24h nathan answered to me
from that day, I sold my gp2x and until today, I have been looking for new gp32

i only know that much people have wanted to show us “her reality” of gp2x only for her economic interests

Well,
I'm pretty happy with mine...
I always wanted to have a gp32 but when I finally had the money, the Gp2X was out.

I got 6-4 hours (depending on the app I run) with extra good batteries, the stick and screen are good enough for me (even if it's Mk1; but I bought a Mk2 for a friend and I prefer the "retro" scanlines of mine, matter of taste).

The only thing that I found breakable was the earphone jack, but GPH changed it in there new version.
I managed to repair it myself and now it's okay.

The most important thing to say is that I'm an Emu addict and this handled is just feeding this addiction perfectly.

Btw, Xgp isn't real for now, like the matrix or when you think you're the greatest because you're high on something :|

Ps: I have no economic interest in Gp2X (must... buy... shares...)

My dear friend Esp3tek. I think your disappointment about the GP2X goes far beyond the low quality of the materials and I suspect it has very little to do with it actually. I could be a lot happier with it, but it's the best there is so far. Until the XGP arrives, right? Yeah, sure. Oh, and Anarchy is a "he".

I red your message once more and I saw what is the real problem.
You hate gp32spain because they lied to you !
Or, in fact, you wished that they directly and personally lied to you.
Bad baaaaad gp32spain :D

Most of what they said about the XGP was thought to be true until quite recently, and the XGP is still likely to cost $/€300.

And I think you might have been better off keeping your gp2x and getting some better batteries, at least until the XGP actually gets released (by which time you may have the money to buy one, without selling you gp2x)

Hi all,

I don't feel swindled, and I readed the same forum, and the same messages than you, so...
The GP2X has some things wrong;ok , but it's a great console for me.

-the batteries flyes: hmmm... try with another batteries, I can play several hours (3~4 with the same ones 2500 mAh batteries)
-stick...: the first one (the mk1) was crappy... but the new one is right...
-quality of materials...: I'd have any problem with the materials (hearphone jack works ok, in my first edition)
-great screen :/... what problems have the screen? a little flick?

It's my experience with gp2x...

Best regards and excuse my horrible english

Sorry, but I don't know how to say that in english, so...
Esp3tek, no culpes a los demás si las cosas no cumplen tus espectativas; dudo que alguien te engañase; si te sientes engañado es porque tú has creido y querido entender cosas que no son... Yo he leído los mismos mensajes que tú -y que muchos otros- y no nos sentimos engañados. Tú mismo.

Salud

So um, basically, you're getting the same responses everywhere. Maybe the problem is not the gp32spain forums, sorry :(

virusx posted on Oct 31 2006 at 08:01 PM said:
gp32spain (tm) is HIS problem because they are bad baaaaad liars.

I hope it's only HIS problem :rolleyes: We always give foreign users a very, very warm welcome. Too warm for some, I'm afraid XD

Last edited by a moderator:
OscarBraindeaD posted on Oct 31 2006 at 07:37 PM said:
Sorry, but I don't know how to say that in english, so...
Esp3tek, no culpes a los demás si las cosas no cumplen tus espectativas; dudo que alguien te engañase; si te sientes engañado es porque tú has creido y querido entender cosas que no son... Yo he leído los mismos mensajes que tú -y que muchos otros- y no nos sentimos engañados. Tú mismo.

Oh my god!! Oh my god! where I can hide so that they do not persecute to me?
in gp32spain, i only make posts in XGP forum, and when i say something about my experience of gp2x, all the animals throw mine above
anarchy said many things, all gpowners know it

i cant to trust salesmen nevermore, i only trust in my experience with my gp32, all know that the price wont be 300€, nathan said that they're thinking to put "competitive" price.

don't troll

Lo tuyo es de psicólogo Espetec.........supéralo, no es tan difícil.

i'm alone in this world... gp32spain users are where i go XD
bueno chicos, aqui tambien... que pesadilla

now i only post the newz about xgp series

I don't know if gp32spain's at fault since I don't go there often and I don't read much Spanish at all. But a lot of these things were widespread info from GPH and GBAX/Gp2x.co.uk (a.k.a. Craig). Battery life figures especially ... the claim that GPH wanted to make an open system and GP wanted to make a commercial-only system was proven false, GP has told us themselves that they want the XGP/XGPmini to be fully supportive of homebrew/emulation. I believe Craig had made this claim originally; I'm almost sure of it (though it was long ago.) There were a lot of claims that turned out not to be true that upset me greatly. Most greatly, when Craig approached me about making a commercial game for him to sell based on Quake, with all sorts of wild claims that the system could use the ARM920T/ARM940T processors together to use an SLI-like renderer to achieve high framerates (around 30 FPS)... it's funny, he calls my claims about what the hardware GP released for their XGP prototype (which was documented more than sufficiently by Samsung, ad nauseum) was capable of 'crazy', when he makes all sorts of insane claims about an obscure, poorly-documented MagicEyes chipset, the capabilities of which he didn't even understand.

I was lied to over and over again by Craig and Co., and everyone was lied to by Craig. That's a big part of why the GP2X left such a bad taste in my mouth. It wasn't just bad execution of a product, it was decietful and at times bordered on fraud on GBAX/Craig's part and crippling incompetence on GPH's. This sort of behavior can really wowrk to ruin a handheld, and it did. Not to say there weren't problems beforehand...

I bought GP2X last 15 october and I AM TOTALLY happy with it. Where are all the lies you are talking about? The only "problem" can be the batteries, but with Firmware 2.1, I can use it for more than 4 hours.

And I HAVE NEVER BEEN LIED, because GP2X is better than people said and says. And XGP and the other consoles are not more than prototypes or pure vaporware.

I don't know what do you earn making this kind of lies. Who is now the liar?

I bought GP2X last 15 october and I AM TOTALLY happy with it. Where are all the lies you are talking about? The only "problem" can be the batteries, but with Firmware 2.1, I can use it for more than 4 hours.

And I HAVE NEVER BEEN LIED, because GP2X is better than people said and says. And XGP and the other consoles are not more than prototypes or pure vaporware.

I don't know what do you earn making this kind of lies. Who is now the liar?

if u are happy with your gp2x, i celebrate it, you can post it in the tipic threats of "gp2x change my life" "i'm happy thanks to gp2x" :rolleyes:

ah... it's the first time that i've seen people waiting a new batteries of 3000.0000.000Mah i don't see it normal

if u don't believe, u can see this link http://wiki.gp32spain.com/index.php/Pilas
the duration average is over 3h 20 min. it isn't normal for a handheld

Back