My first day with my GP32 FLU

Studio

Still Fresh
Trying for hours to transfer files with pc-link without result, but then realize I have a card reader in my printer :)

So now my GP32 is full with C64 and NES roms. And I have always the FLU on, how could anybody play without FLU :huh: It's dark as hell :ph34r:

Now I need to get an adaptor so I don't need to pay $$$$ for new batts all the time.

Not a new post without a few n00b questions so here goes:

1. Do I have to rename my wad file or put it in some special folder to get GPDoom to work? Now it say I don't have a wad file, but I do have. Doom1.wad is there in the same wolder as GPDoom.

2. I have pretty much all of my fav C64 games on those Blaster disk collections, is there a way to get those to work in Frodo?

"And I have always the FLU on, how could anybody play without FLU It's dark as hell"

There's been discussion that the screen on the FLU-units is darker by nature than the one of the non-FLUs. I can play my non-FLU GP32 just fine if there's any normal lighting in the room.

And yes, gpdoom.fxe goes into GPMM and the wad goes into GAME/DOOM/

(but to make sure, read the readme that comes with the gpdoom...)

Get rechargeable batteries... what's the point of having a portable console if you have to plug it in :)

Uniross rechargeable batteries are by far the best, and last longer than non-rechargeable ones - even after many, many recharges.

taras posted on Dec 11 2003 at 11:13 AM said:
Get rechargeable batteries... what's the point of having a portable console if you have to plug it in :)

Uniross rechargeable batteries are by far the best, and last longer than non-rechargeable ones - even after many, many recharges.
You got a point there :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Arnt the blaster disks just d64 files? if so, then yes. Just 'insert' on on the menu, and then select the boot option (cant remember which one it is, as I havent got a gp in front of me to have a look).

manu_pkp posted on Dec 11 2003 at 09:24 AM said:
"And I have always the FLU on, how could anybody play without FLU It's dark as hell"

There's been discussion that the screen on the FLU-units is darker by nature than the one of the non-FLUs. I can play my non-FLU GP32 just fine if there's any normal lighting in the room.
yep. so newbies, don't hesitate to buy a non-flu if you don't have enough $$$ for the flu :]

jegHegy posted on Dec 11 2003 at 06:25 PM said:
yep. so newbies, don't hesitate to buy a non-flu if you don't have enough $$$ for the flu :]
NOOOOOO!! FLUs are better by FAR, and it is well worth the extra money :)

Gratz Studio :D
Yup I can only agree: Buy some rechargable ones :) I´ve got 4 sets of them. Also, did you get your Organic Blue front to fit? ;P :p :p

Ringlander posted on Dec 11 2003 at 08:38 PM said:
Gratz Studio :D
Yup I can only agree: Buy some rechargable ones :) I´ve got 4 sets of them. Also, did you get your Organic Blue front to fit? ;P :p :p
As a matter of fact the organic blue was out of stock, but got a few others and its pretty hard to get them to fit :lol:

Back