My Blog Posting About Davec's Cap

wow, thats quite a long post...

"DaveC is a stickler to attention if nothing else; a perfectionist for retro - the human Occam's Razor for emulation. He also seems to know something about a lathe, so has crafted an alternative joystick 'cap' for the GP2X to help remedy these slight issues."

"DaveC's literature suggests the cap is a stronger plastic and yadda yadda performance"

hehe

yeah, I never liked 'brief' blog posts that dont' actually say anything, or just talk about their annoying girlfriend or the like. So I try to post useful or amusing rants, with more than just a paragraph :)

jeff

Nice review, thanks.

One error though. You state that it is convex, it is really concave The original stick cap is convex.

I always have that I have a lots of ideas, but as soon as im writing it down its only a few alinea's, when im supposed to write a few pages :(.

And im not writing about whining girlfriends :p

Just got mine this evening...

Is very nice :D

Well done Dave! I'd thoroughly recommend it to ANYONE with a GP2X, It totally changes it, and is 1000% better than the original cap...

Glad you guys like it.

It seems TheHive at Emuboards being the total tosser dickwad that he is has decided to slander me by raping the sig picture. What an arrogant fuck huh? What a powertrip. And this guy is a MOD? :blink:

How do you all feel being called "mentally impared" ?

dickwad.jpg

http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=23917

copyediting:
- henry rollins? c'mon.
- i think you should say, "the william of ockham" of emulation. :)
- davec's is concave, the factory stick is convex.

nice article though. i agree about making blog posts interesting in style.

also in that photoshopped cap banner, "mentally impaired" is spelled incorrectly. score one for irony.

Noticed that, apparantly he doesn't quite like the idea of you commercing it in your sig (it IS the best way for people to notice).
But neither has he a gp2x or therefor know the stick sucks, and your's is a better improvement.

Draken posted on Feb 28 2006 at 06:57 PM said:
Noticed that, apparantly he doesn't quite like the idea of you commercing it in your sig (it IS the best way for people to notice).
But neither has he a gp2x or therefor know the stick sucks, and your's is a better improvement.

If he doesn't like it he should tell me to remove it. He has not asked me to remove it. You would think a moderator of a board would at least not act like an 8 year old :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Feb 28 2006 at 07:00 PM said:
Just be an arrogant fuck right back at him.

Now you know how the Conservatives feel.

I would but he is a mod. If I did that it would be an instant ban. He knows that too. It is a complete power trip.

nickspoon posted on Feb 28 2006 at 07:03 PM said:
Maybe you could subtley be an arrogant fuck.

Haven't figured how to do that yet without becomming a banned fuck :p I am sure that a ban is comming as I am sure this topic will get back to him. Whatever I guess, so be it.

rokdcasbah posted on Feb 28 2006 at 07:06 PM said:
davec, i think you should enjoy the free publicity he's giving you. a little controversy never hurt anybody.

Just think of the free publicity he is giving the Gp2X too :p Now he has a pic of a GP2X plastered all over the DS and GBA forums :lol:

DaveC posted on Feb 28 2006 at 02:17 PM said:
Nice review, thanks.

One error though. You state that it is convex, it is really concave The original stick cap is convex.

Fixed. Brain must've been inverted in the morning :)

jeff

skeezix posted on Feb 28 2006 at 07:21 PM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 28 2006 at 02:17 PM said:
Nice review, thanks.

One error though.  You state that it is convex, it is really concave  The original stick cap is convex.

Fixed. Brain must've been inverted in the morning :)

jeff

Yeah Skeezix, in the words of Hive"GET A BRAIN" J/k :p

Back