Music Creator

andyhamer

Does anyone else think that the Pandora would be the perfect platform, for a loop based music creation program something along the lines of Music 2000/3000 - did a bit of Googling but couldn't find any open source ones, does anyone know it such a thing exists and could be ported or if someone is already working on one?.

Please do a thread title search for music or audio. (You'll need to click Advanced search). You should find lots of interesting stuff. :)

Specifically, I don't know if there are any open source equivalents of Music 2000/3000. But there is no shortage of other software that, with a little extra learning, can do the same and much more.

Perhaps if the two of you read the content of the audio threads you'd give this guy a break because they do nothing to answer his question.

As far as I'm aware there are no open-source 'instant' drag-n-drop music packages, no. You'll have to make take the plunge and, as Gruso said, put a little time learning how to use a more advanced piece of software.

Bizarrely enough probably the closest thing you'll find to an instant music software is a Tracker. I say bizarrely because they have the least modern and easy-on-the-eye interface. On a basic level, you import a selection of samples as individual instruments. You then select what notes to play each instrument with at any given time by filling in a grid that goes down the screen. For simplicities sake we'll say that each instrument has it's own list, and lists are tiled from left to right across the screen.

If you're using Windows you can do a search for mod plug tracker which is a simple tracker app. There will be apps similar (though not identical) to this for the Pandora

Give Rosegarden a look: http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/
Personally I gave up trying to install it, way too many configurations and dependencies on other programs.

You can have a look to Linux Multimedia Studio which should work on the pandora.

http://lmms.sourceforge.net/

Loop-based music creation: seq24 .. this is about as good as it can get for loop-based stuff, honestly .. really a wonderful sequencer, and for sure it will be running on my Pandora as soon as I get a Pandora!

torpor said:
Loop-based music creation: seq24 .. this is about as good as it can get for loop-based stuff, honestly .. really a wonderful sequencer, and for sure it will be running on my Pandora as soon as I get a Pandora!
torpor, I WILL be sending cases of beer your way when I get to asking for a specific-but-fairly-simple music program to be made -- of course after a lot of the steam dies off and it happens you have the time for it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry I will have plenty of beer on hand while I am getting music-making apps on the Pandora under control .. ;)

Back