Muds (multi User Dungeons)

crosspoint

Hey guys! :)

One of my greatest wishes is a MUD-client for the Pandora! A port of a free Linux-client like TinTin++ or TinyFugue would be awesome! But - due to my lack of knowledge in programming - i'm unfortunately not able to write such a port on my own... :( Is there someone who is also interested in this? Or is there even someone who would agree to compile a client for the Pandora??

Last edited by a moderator:
'crosspoint' said:

One of my greatest wishes is a MUD-client for the Pandora! A port of a free Linux-client like TinTin++ or TinyFugue would be awesome! But - due to my lack of knowledge in programming - i'm unfortunately not able to write such a port on my own... :( Is there someone who is also interested in this? Or is there even someone who would agree to compile a client for the Pandora??
You know, if it's just a console application, it may just require a re-compile. Once the correct documentation is up, I don't see why you couldn't do it. It's easier than you would think.

As the others have noted.. this sort of app is abolsutely beyond trivial to port to any half modern Unix-like OS, so you can get it pretty much for certain.

It's just wrong I tell you!

(Well, its wrong until you sign up for Lusternia or MUME...)

jeff

'crosspoint' said:

telnet is the only MUD client I need. :)

I will give props to TinyFugue. Back in my college days (10-12 years ago), I was a TF master. No one could touch me without some serious auto-retribution. I had more fun scripting in TF than actually playing the MUD, lol.

Back