Mp3 Recommend-you-do!

PinkSpider

Shit.
Website
www.giglio1.karoo.net
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, I want an mp3 player, I generally want atleast 10gig of storage space on and I dont care if its no iPod to look at.

Any recommendations?

How much is your budget ?.
Any particular formats you would like it to support ?, eg. Wma, Ogg etc.
Any definite no no`s or yes yes`s.

Anything else you could add.

Trooper

At the moment I have 70 quid, this will go up each week (I earn ~172 pounds a week). Im looking at Spending around 200 quid at the most if I can.

ogg would be nice, saying that if its like 20gig I dont think I would bother, not until im 90% full or something.

And erm, as long as it works and isnt too ugly then thats all. I really want it for going on walks and biking and stuff and the 20 songs or so I can put on a gp32 really just doesent cut it.

Plus it would just be nice to be able to have a wide selection of music on me at all times.

I've just brought a Zen Creative Touch for £150 from Comet online, and it's pretty damn nice. Great battery life and sound quality (the headphones included are toss though) and 20Gig.

I could of paid an extra £30 for the Zen Sleek which has radio and recording functions, but I honestly don't like the look of it at all.

You could probably buy a couple of hundred packets of Walkers crisps, and then you could win a few iPod minis. I would recommend the sony NW-HD5, which I love, but I'm guessing you do have to pay for the form factor.

PinkSpider posted on Sep 25 2005 at 08:13 PM said:
That sounds good, shall go have a look!

edit: been looking at it and it looks massive! And erm, I shall go look at one in the flesh on Saturday.

Some consider it large, but since this is my first jukebox style MP3 player I can't get over how small it is. It's smaller than the GP32 ;) Proberbly about a fourth the size of a DVD box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having had a lot of mp3 players, I'm such an Ipod fanboy! It just does everything better. I have a couple of ipods, and will pick up a nano when my local store gets them in.

But I also like archos (my first jukebox was an archos!), and I know the Gminis are okay, small and not TOO hard to navigate.

But I-tunes to store your music.

I'd be willing to pay like 20/30 more for a more sleek design, thats only like 7 hours sat in a chair for me.

My friend/ associate/ weird guy I used to work with but knew on a forum first, well he used to have a really nice looking one, it was quite thick but still smallish and looked lovely. Apparently theyve stopped making them (I forger the name).

PinkSpider posted on Sep 25 2005 at 07:51 PM said:
My friend/ associate/ weird guy I used to work with but knew on a forum first, well he used to have a really nice looking one, it was quite thick but still smallish and looked lovely. Apparently theyve stopped making them (I forger the name).

Riiiggghhhtt...... :eek:

lubidog posted on Sep 25 2005 at 08:55 PM said:
PinkSpider posted on Sep 25 2005 at 07:51 PM said:

Riiiggghhhtt...... :eek:

:p

IMG_0475.jpg

You don`t mean the MobiBlu DHH-100 pictured above ?.

Trooper

A friend of mine is selling a 20gig player on ebay. I know nothing about it tho but it looks ok and he's written some nice crap about it so it must be good ;) lol

Check it out here Only £60 at the time of writing too :)

dude, two words

rio

its an awesome player, probably the best UI ever, brilliantly detailed ID3 based searching, gapless and has a cross fade option.

it supports pretty much every format.

rio have now gone out of business, but you can still get them on ebay for a good price.

mine undergone some heavy use for nearly two years now and is still going strong.

i suggest an ipod, the nano looks hot, but you want somthing bigger, so i'd go with the nice ipod photo. the pricing's decent too.

if not an ipod, then go with an iriver, they look good too

Back