MoviePark

zboy9

かっこいいね。
I was wondering can anyone tell me if using Moviepark is a difficult process? Also which way of configuring movies is better, MovieLink or VirtualDub? Thanks for all your help.

I find Virtualdub encodes alot more efficiently and a hell of alot faster. Movielink doesn't require as much messing around, but once you know the correct settings for Virtualdub it's alot better to use in the long run.

Good luck.

Moviepark is incredibly simple to use. Preparing movies with Virtualdub takes a little more skill than with MovieLink, but is worth it:
1) Movielink is unstable and crashes often
2) Movielink creates awful quality compared to properly configured Virtualdub (check out a quick quality comparison here)

--jo "directhex" shields

Do NOT use movielink - its a piece of turd which doesn't even work(under my windows xp) - its just crashes out. Seems a bit cheeky to charge for moviepark then supply crap software to encode movies..hmph!

I agree with all the above.

I use VirtualDub to encode for playback on my GP32 with MoviePark. Using MoviePark is as simple as 1-2-3. :)

Oooh, Simpsons on a stick! :D

How much video is everybody getting on a 128MB SMC? No matter how I do the math, ~60 minutes of video is about all I think will fit.

I suppose you could lower the frame rate to the point it was like a slide show, but with watchable video, a hour is about all.

BTW, thanks for that moviepark guide. I am playing with settings I never messed with in VirtualDub before (and I have been using VirtualDub for a couple of years).

a 2-hour film sits comfortably in a 128mb SMC. because DiVX4.12 is VBR, a setting of 64k for encoding will result in an average of about 128k (as it's needed). You can fit (give or take) (128*1024)/((128/8)*60*60) hours of video, or about 2:20.

And don't mess with the framerate (keep it on Decimate by 3 to make it below 10) as any framerate editing other than Decimate will desynch the audio & video.

--jo "directhex" shields

Does anyone have an older version of Virtual Dub that allows conversion of WMV files? My version tells me that the feature was disabled for some reason?

Its copyright by Big Bill, ie; he wont let you use it unless you pay him lots and lots of money ;)

minishino posted on Mar 19 2003 said:
Its copyright by Big Bill, ie; he wont let you use it unless you pay him lots and lots of money ;)
The swine! I can't do ASF files either!

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe there are utilities out there which will allow you to extract .asfs and .wmvs to uncompressed video, and other utilities that will feed the raw video output as an input to the encoders rather than the data in the file itself. they're beyond the domain of most home users though...

--jo

try and track down asftools - it can convert from asf/wmv to AVI and many other wonderful things!

AJ_23 posted on Mar 19 2003 said:
try and track down asftools - it can convert from asf/wmv to AVI and many other wonderful things!
I will do, but there might be a problem with that..! I've got an AVI file that won't encode because it's still an ASF apparently. It must use ASF compression or something. Pity - because it's my favourite animation ever and the only version I have that isn't a PC video is on DVD, and ripping that goes WAY over my head!

Last edited by a moderator:
a lot of .asf files are renamed .avi by people who don't know better. windows, in its infinite wisdom, relies on the extension of files rather than their contents...

--jo "directhex" shields

Back