Most Offtopic Reference To Pandora Ever :) Due Forgive.

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
But I am a true Doctor Who geek, so I can't let this pass:

"The Pandorica Opens"[sup][4][/sup] will be the twelfth episode, and first in a two-part story, in the fifth series of British science fiction television series Doctor Who, which will be broadcast on 19 June 2010.[sup][4][/sup] It was written by Steven Moffat, the head writer and executive producer of the series.

Contents
[hide] Summary
United, the Doctor's friends send him a warning,[sup][6][/sup] he deals with a message on a cliff, a mysterious box and a love story which spans over millennia. The Pandorica, which contains the most dangerous threat in the Universe, is opening. Only one thing is certain: "The Pandorica will open...silence will fall". [sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup]

I thought of it too. Oh, and I ever excited for the up coming episodes.

Also fact: Doctor Who makes the lurkers come out.

drcraig.jpg

Rygiz said:
I thought of it too. Oh, and I ever excited for the up coming episodes.

Also fact: Doctor Who makes the lurkers come out.

LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I liked the original ones better, just me though..

I am dead excited about the last two episodes, and things I have noticed building up to this series story arc are:

• Cracks in the universe, possibly caused by a massive explosion. The Cracks are re-writing history, causing everything they touch to be wiped away.
  • The doctor was told that the Pandorica will open, Silence will fall, Will the silence be his death?
  • Riversong was in the Storm Cage (Prison) for murdering someone she described as the best man she ever knew, which implies again the Doctor.
  • The doctor finds a piece of the Tardis in one of the cracks, pointing again to a massive explosion which destroys the Tardis.
  • We now know that the next episode will have Daleks, Cybermen and Sontaran's, but it's hinted everything that hates him is coming, Riversong tells him to RUN!
Here's a few musings I have, plus things you may not have noticed and may contain spoilers:
In Flesh and Stone, the Doctor leaves Amy, but comes back to tell her to remember something he told her when she was a child. This wasn't the same doctor and must have been a future doctor as he had his jacket on, The doctor that left Amy, and seen directly after this didn't have his jacket as the Weeping Angels had it. Amy is obviously crucial to resolving what happens in the next two episodes.

I think Amy is remembering Rory, especially as she found her Ring in the Tardis and she is subconsciously crying.

Is the Pandorica a prison and the explosion cracks it open allowing the prisoners to escape? That may tie in with the very first episode, I wonder if prisoner Zero happened to be the first to escape, that would also explain how prisoner Zero had prior knowledge of the Pandorica etc.

Riversong tells the Doctor that she couldn't read the basecode of the Universe, and the number the doctor is looking at on the screen is the same as the time date on Amy's clock at the end of Flesh and Stone, but did anyone notice that the date on that clock is actually the real date of the last episode?

I think that's all I have for now,
Clare.

P.S. My Favourite Doctor is Tom Baker. The original series rocked, and so does the new one, but in different ways.

I could have sworn the implication is that the Tardis explodes, not that it is destroyed in the explosion - after all, what else would have the power to rip the universe apart across the whole of time?

i'm waiting for torchwood to come back john barrowman and russel tovay ftw! GAAAAYYYY powa! :p

If the Doctor has a Pandorica then what do I have with the Pandoricutron?

:)

I knew this time travel was going to be trouble .. even just back to the 80's ..

hdonk said:
I could have sworn the implication is that the Tardis explodes, not that it is destroyed in the explosion - after all, what else would have the power to rip the universe apart across the whole of time?

That is indeed possible!

At one point throughout this series I had a theory that the Doctor isn't even in our universe, and that the Tardis had smashed into another dimension causing the cracks when it crashed in the first episode, and the Doctor didn't realise this as he was busy finishing regenerating at the time. This at the time could have explained why Amy didn't remember the Daleks as it may not have happened in her Dimension. I also thought that Riversong in order to seal the cracks had to push the Doctor through them back to his Universe, in effect killing him in this current dimension.

But it's now more likely that Amy doesn't remember the Daleks as the cracks in the universe have erased them too. Maybe the cracks lead back to the Pandorica, if so then the Angels are in there too!!!!!!

WarmFluffyUK said:
I also thought that Riversong in order to seal the cracks had to push the Doctor through them back to his Universe, in effect killing him in this current dimension.
I don't think that's the case. I mean, it's pretty obvious the way they dance around the question that River kills (by accident or design) the Doctor, but I don't think they'll resolve it for many many seasons, if they get that far.
My theory is that she is somehow linked to his final death, his 13th form, when regeneration is no longer possible. It will be the very first time she meets him. She'll meet him, they'll have an adventure, she'll start to fall in love with him, and then she does something that results in his death. They may make an entire season out of it. The first time he met her is when she "died", it stands to reason that the first time she meets him will yet have been when he dies. And in the middle they have adventures together.
It also seems that the TARDIS is going to blow up, probably is the cause of all the cracks in the universe. And Amy is the key to all of them somehow, just like Rose was the key to Bad Wolf.
Rory is still "alive" in the crack, whatever it is, along with the angels, the Daleks, and whatever else got sucked in. Final episodes Doctor and Amy are going to go in there, fight off old enemies, and bring him out! And in the escape, the heart of the TARDIS releases so much energy it explodes, cracking the universe. And then there's some stuff where we discover the TARDIS really is a living thing (which has been quite blatantly hinted at many times over the years), and it somehow regenerates just like Time Lords, IS a Time Lord.
I'm eagerly awaiting when the Doctor's daughter shows up.

I wanna know who it was that had been trying to build a tardis in the last episode! Could it have been the Doctor building that one after his current one blows up, or does somebody manage to make yet another one that explodes and causes the cracks?

I'm also wondering when Captain Jack is returning! I thought he was meant to be turning up at some point in this series. After the angels episode, where the angels fall into the crack, reducing it's current appetite (or something like that), I had wondered whether Jack was going to end up going into it to shut it up for good. Now it has been shown that the tardis had something to do with causing it, I don't know :(

It is interesting that they have kept showing past Doctors faces all over the place, I may be wrong, but I can't remember them being shown in the last few series'.

I'm just hoping that they don't go releasing all of the old baddies and then destroying them all for good. That's been happening a bit too often over these last new series' for my liking :p

Javacat said:
I'm just hoping that they don't go releasing all of the old baddies and then destroying them all for good. That's been happening a bit too often over these last new series' for my liking :p
Agreed, it would also be really good if they had some more of the original nasties thrown in there too, such as the Sea Devils or the original Cybermen from Mondas. It would be kinda funny to see those little Cybermats scuttling around the place :D

I really hope they don't bring Rory back.

BTW, '13th' is not guaranteed to be the final regeneration; even aside of the fact that The Master is long past that count through nefarious means, they can pull something randomly out, because The Doc must go on! But even going back to the original series there were several timesd mentioned that any number of regnerations can occur, and a few times they've mentioned future generations several dozen times down the line.

There are some good links around the web discussing it to death if I recall, but been years since I've looked; suffice to say, 13th is not the last :)

Some interesting commentary about the next episode here:
http://reprog.wordpress.com/2010/06/17/whats-in-the-box/

(an _Excellent_ blog for coders/nerds btw.)

They simply, imho, cannot destroy the TARDIS; it is both iconic (Dr Who and the police box, the big blue box, its vital!), and it is the only constant over the whole show (well, and the Sonic Screwdriver perhaps.) I mean, the very first doctor had it I think (been a long time since I watched those, I tell you!) Certainly, I would not empower The Moff to damage thr TARDIS.. it is bigger than him ;) ITs like destroying the Mil Falcon from Star Wars.. not acceptible!

Theories.. hmm -- Rory and Amy causing some incompatible state, rupturing the universe and restoring previously vanquished baddies? Some link to The Void in the Box through to the TARDIS' void, causing a destruction of the TARDIS and rupturing the universe back through time -- but with the Doc being able to alte the timeline and save the TARDIS and undo the rupture? Seems a likely approach -- let The Moff destroy the TATRDIS, but then undestroy it, so people like me don't freak out :)

jeff

Oh I agree that the Tardis will not be permanently damaged or gone, probably it's part of the cliffhanger at the end of tomorrows episode. I'm not sure it's anything to do with the Void either as Moffett seems to be trying to stay away from previous ideas, but you never know....

Back