Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ringo

Website
Visit site
yeah... I know... strange poll...

Been playing the Mega Drive version of MK2 lately, since it's one of the few fighting games that fits the Gp32's button layout. Almost anyway...
The whole blocking-button concept annoys me, since I seem to be unable to use it. I would have prefered the blocking system of most other fighters (holding back).

My original experience with the Mortal Kombat series is on Amiga, and I kind of ruled it's one-button system. I must admit that this IS a bit too simplified... especially compared with more modern games like Tekken etc.

I'm just wondering if others playing this game is able to use blocking effectivly. Actually I would also like to hear from people who played this game ON Mega Drive originally, since this fighting-system might come naturally for them.

I actually prefer attack-layout of this game (1 punch-button, 2 kick buttons) over the widespread "weak-mid-fierce"-system most other fighters have.
... I find double-tapping a bit harder on this version than on most others though, but it might just be the GP32's D-pad

Please share your thoughts... if you have any regarding this :p

You may be interested to know you could use a megadrive pad with Amiga Mortal Kombat. Only two buttons worked as I recall, you still held back to block, one button was punch, the other was kick.

TheTurnipKing posted on Oct 28 2005 at 08:04 AM said:
You may be interested to know you could use a megadrive pad with Amiga Mortal Kombat.  Only two buttons worked as I recall, you still held back to block, one button was punch, the other was kick.

Oh yeah - Thare WAS something about 2 button support in game-options... Didn't know where to get one of these 2-button joysticks at the time though. I do however both own an Amiga CD32 and a Mega Drive, so perhaps I should explore :)
Also recall that blocking on the Amiga was *just* holding the button down, which made fist-pummeling pretty much impossible against a half-decent human opponent... major flaw...

@OrR:
I figured someone would post saying this was in the wrong forum (someone ALWAYS does) - but I DID think about it and figured this would be a "more" correct, than "other consoles", since it's about how an emulated game fits the GP32's control-scheme ;) ... but whatever. Wouldn't protest much if it was moved.

The main control-scheme-difference between the two are that the Mega Drives's "start" button is placed under the pad on the GP, instead of next to the attack buttons. This can make all the difference - but i don't know... This is why I want to hear from original Mega Drive-players :)

@Nightmaresquad2
The "sprite dude" is the comicbook-character Usagi Yojimbo who is a samurai rabbit... I didn't know this though when I played C64-game with him back in the day. He did apear in TMNT later, but the game pe-dates this :p'
Wheb the character first apeared in TMNT, I just figured it was somesort of traditonal japanese mythical figure (like the monkey-king from chinese myths).... But it's just a comicbook-character :)

Edit: oh yeah... link www.usagiyojimbo.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
rabbits with hats posted on Oct 28 2005 at 04:55 PM said:
I block... err... low shots.
So does that make me a girl?

If you were a girl you wouldnt have much reason to block the low shots!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back