More Problems With Duke3d

Leshrac

Still Fresh
I seem to be too stupid to get duke3D to work on my gp2x.

When I run it I just get a black screen and then back to the gp2x menu.

I have read several old posts on people getting problems with duke, but none seems to apply to my case.
I think the problem might be that I am running an uncompatible version of the game, the disc I have has "Atomic Edition" printed on it, but I have been unable to find if it really is the 1.4 version anywhere.

I also tried to install the sdl libraries, just in case, but that did not work either.

This is not going to help, but I have the exact same problem, so your not alone...I am also using the Atomic ed. which the read me says to use...

Help us!!! We need Duke!

-Psxfan

Leshrac posted on Dec 28 2005 at 08:45 PM said:
I seem to be too stupid to get duke3D to work on my gp2x.

When I run it I just get a black screen and then back to the gp2x menu.

I have read several old posts on people getting problems with duke, but none seems to apply to my case.
I think the problem might be that I am running an uncompatible version of the game, the disc I have has "Atomic Edition" printed on it, but I have been unable to find if it really is the 1.4 version anywhere.

I also tried to install the sdl libraries, just in case, but that did not work either.

Last edited by a moderator:
you must have 1.4 mat, lucky guy. I really want to play it too, i think this prob will get sorted with time though as woogal gets his hands on the other versions.

dennis20014 posted on Dec 29 2005 at 10:49 PM said:
Yea I can get it to work
can you extend a bit and tell us how did you do it? were did you get the files from, etc?

Ok, just patched my 1.4 to 1.5 and did some tests. The good news is that there seems to be nothing at all wrong with 1.5. What is happening is it is trying to play the demos and something is failing. The problem doesn't happen with 1.4 or lower because the demos are the wrong version (the source is 1.5 and will only try to play 1.5 demos). To get 1.5 Atomic working, just don't install the demo files and all should be fine.

Thank you very much, It works now. Impressive job btw.

Now... Can someone help me figure out how can I map the "b" button to strafe right? I figured the B button would be represented by the escape key, but it turns out it is not...

I have versions 1.4 and 1.7 and neither of them work...can someone help me out with version 1.5?

Thanks...

Leshrac posted on Dec 30 2005 at 01:55 AM said:
Thank you very much, It works now. Impressive job btw.

Now... Can someone help me figure out how can I map the "b" button to strafe right? I figured the B button would be represented by the escape key, but it turns out it is not...
Grab the test version in the other thread (here). B can be mapped from the options screen in that version. If you still want to do it by editing the cfg then B is Left Alt.

psxfan posted on Dec 30 2005 at 05:02 AM said:
I have versions 1.4 and 1.7 and neither of them work...can someone help me out with version 1.5?
1.4 works fine. 1.7 is an illegal hack and so I don't care if it works or not. I will only be supporting the 3 main released versions (1.3, 1.4 and 1.5) and the shareware version.

Thank you very much, and just one more question. The readme states that start+select should open the menu, but it does not seem to work.

Could it be that I mapped the map to the start button and "use" to select? Those buttons are not usable for ingame commands then?

Back