More Help...

spaceboygp32x

im doing ok guys thanks for all your help!

I have a shooter that works kinda :blink:

im having trouble getting transparent backgrounds on my sprites!

can anyone suggest how to do this?

Is it some code I need or is it editing in paintshop pro?

sPaCe :ph34r:

Yep, like Moogle said. Just use black. Thats the transparent color, atleast for me :D

Hey, Moogle, just read your from "DTUCHland". If thats Germany, where do you live :)

Let's hijack the Post! I'm from Bremerhaven!!! In the North

I think he means that he is dutch (holländisch ;) ). Oo I'm from Germany (Delmenhorst, near Bremen) by the way... (I think nobody wants to know that :D)

I`m always interested where German gp32 user live... still trying to find someone near me...

But, yeah, as I think of it, it has to be Dutchland... only one letter missing, though :D

Moogle posted on Mar 23 2005 at 04:05 PM said:
No idea how it would work in psp, but the idea is to use colour 0,0,0 in 16 bit mode and palette colour 0 in 8 bit mode.

Ive made a transparent layer... :D

but, when i save as a bitmap in paintshop pro - it makes me loose this transparent layer...

does this mean i have to tell fenix that my transparent layer is 0?

I cant use black as I want to use black for outlining my sprites!... I need to use white...

sPaCe :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just use a color that is tad brighter than black (a very very very dark grey, if you want ;)), this should work.
The outlines of the MSlug sprites for example are not black, they are just a bit brighter, which I found very useful.

And it doesn`t matter if you use that instead of black, you won`t notice any difference on the gp32.

I'm from Holland yeah, but practically on the German border, Enschede for those who know, about halfway the Netherlands in a North-South way, and about 98% in a West - East way :)

Moogle posted on Mar 23 2005 at 07:40 PM said:
I'm from Holland yeah, but practically on the German border, Enschede for those who know, about halfway the Netherlands in a North-South way, and about 98% in a West - East way :)

sorted thanks guys!

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back