mkisofs, where is it?

Fworg64

Who knows?
Is there one? A mkisofs for the pandora? pnd_make.sh wants to call it but despite my best google-ing i could not find it, I downloaded the source for cdtools-3.0.0 and mkisofs-1.13 but have no idea how to compile them, if someone wanted to give me a mkisofs binary i would really appreciate it or if someone would tell me how to compile a version for my pandora i would settle for that too. The reason i want it however is so i can make pnd's on my pandora so if there is an easier way to do that id be fine too.

Thanks for the help!

Btw: while im at it how do i acquire a xmllint as well?

$sudo opkg install mkisofs

Password:

Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package mkisofs.

why wont it let me?

$sudo opkg search "mkisofs"

$

no results from search

$sudo opkg search "*"

$

TERMINAL FLOODED

$sudo opkg search "*iso*"

<list of things that arenot mkisofs>

Last edited by a moderator:
it can also ge falled genisoimage or something silly like that. I've never used the pnd_make util, but can't you make it generate a squashfs image? I *think* the squashfs tools are preinstalled.

Is there one? A mkisofs for the pandora? pnd_make.sh wants to call it but despite my best google-ing i could not find it, I downloaded the source for cdtools-3.0.0 and mkisofs-1.13 but have no idea how to compile them, if someone wanted to give me a mkisofs binary i would really appreciate it or if someone would tell me how to compile a version for my pandora i would settle for that too. The reason i want it however is so i can make pnd's on my pandora so if there is an easier way to do that id be fine too.

Thanks for the help!

Btw: while im at it how do i acquire a xmllint as well?

You can only produce compressed PNDon the pandora. Use the -x option to build squashfs pnd instead of iso one ;)

yep just used the -c (compress using squashfs) option and worked like a charm, the only problem i had was it complained about not being able to check the validity of my pxml file due to a lacking xmllint exucutable, but that should be fine. thank you for your help!

Back