Missing mplayer

HelenF

Very Active Member
On my Pandora that was reflashed with 1.74 last week, I installed the Codec Pack with the same PND I used the previous time. It said it was successful (and gstreamer can now play mp3), but the mplayer binary isn't there. I tried rebooting and running the installer again. I don't see anything interesting in the pndrun file.

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/CC_CARD/pandora/menu/CodecPack.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/CC_CARD/pandora/appdata/codecpack.openpandora.org
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : ./start.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/codecpack.openpandora.org"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/CC_CARD/pandora/appdata/codecpack.openpandora.org=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/codecpack.openpandora.org=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/codecpack.openpandora.org"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( ./start.sh  ) ----------
ln: creating symbolic link `/sbin/mount.ntfs': File exists
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( ./start.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/codecpack.openpandora.org': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 1

Try "sudo opkg update && opkg install mplayer" if you are okay with using up NAND space.

Also, if you want to keep your NAND as free as possible, just download Panplayer2 or SMPlayer2 off the repo. They should have a copy of mplayer in their PND. You can then save a script to your NAND that will call mplayer from those PNDs.

That would keep your NAND a little more empty but also let you have a recent copy of mplayer. Panplayer2 includes lots of extra codecs as well.

Thanks, I just did the "opkg install mplayer" which works for now.

... Did the Codec Pack really install it last time, or am I imagining things?

Yes, the CodecPack which I downloaded in March last year seems to include the following:
mplayer_0.0+1.0rc3+svnr30165-r20.5_armv7a.ipk

I haven't redownloaded it to check whether that's still the case.

The codec pack is now outdated and doesn't match packages in the OS well, so some things no longer install properly.
We talked about it with ED and he wanted to update the pack, but nothing came out of it as he has too many other things to do I guess...

Back