Caanoo / WIZ Minitube On Caanoo

kayuz

Is it possible to port Minitube on the caanoo??
the sources http://flavio.tordini.org/files/minitube/minitube-1.4.3.tar.gz
;)

kayuz said:
is it impossible? :(
Nothing is "impossible", but there are things that need way more works than it deserves.

To get minitube on the caanoo, you'll need to have a qt 4.7 build for the caanoo with fully working phonon, gles etc. For phonon you need lastest mplayer and gstreamer, but a pain in a hars to cross-compile. Let's say you manage to get these 2/3 weeks worth job done.
You'll need to get minitube to fit into that 320x240 resolution fixing the UI to make it working, add a virtual keyboard (needed for searches).
Then the dev will discover that phonon is a (nearly) unbuffered multimedia framework that doesnt realy allow you to implement a buffering system with its api.

So after a good month of works all you'll get is a skippy slow video player... Not worth it

Last edited by a moderator:
i ask the dear Flavio to port it to the caanoo, if he give me a hope i send him my console... :rolleyes:
i think Minitube on caanoo will be of course possible, but with a little thing to respect every time you see a video; you have to wait until the video charge in the memory of the console and after you tap play without stopping anything, is the only way to play videos like what yo dou on PC :)

kayuz said:
i ask the dear Flavio to port it to the caanoo, if he give me a hope i send him my console... :rolleyes:

if so, you'll just loose your caanoo

Last edited by a moderator:
DONT send him your caanoo.

I did some testings recently with mplayer in combination with python+youtube-dl (http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/) to see how it performs.
Audio decoding would work, but for video decoding it's just too slow.

ohh please let me test too! PLEASE, can you send me the app? please crow! :)
it's a python app to run with the python libs? how do you get this "youtube player"?

Back