Mini Vectrex

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Back in the day a Mini Vectrex was planned to be released. A working prorotype was actually made but due to the crash it never came out. The National Videogame Musem got there hands on the Mini Vectrex prototype

Last edited:
If it had of come out, today they would have released the Mini Vectrex Mini
[doublepost=1542666456,1542663782][/doublepost]

oh that's cool! I never heard of a vectrex mini. I still adore my vectrex and play it sometimes. I wonder how it would have worked with a smaller screen. the screen estate you get isn't much anyway, but that screen looks to be half of the normal one.

Mini.......by who's standards? LOL

That thing is HUGE, but I guess it's smaller than the standard unit, so mini it is I guess. I love how it has the portable TV look and feel of the early 80's, as it's only missing an antenna sticking out the top to complete the look. It's always cool to see pieces of history like this of what may have happened, or directions companies thought they should go.

Before this museum got a permanent home, I got to see most of the collection many times when the Classic Gamers Expo would happen here in Vegas. So many great pieces of gaming history all in one place was always cool to see. Sadly, the main goal of those shows was to get funding for a permanent location for the museum, so now the show is no more. Which sucks, as it's not likely I'll ever get to visit it now that it is no longer locally offered.

Chris

@Eight Bit yeah I have two games plus the built in one aswell. I have "clean sweep" (a nice take on pacman) and "scramble". Also I made a cart with a socket for burning my own eproms. Sadly I was only able to procure a couple of compatible eproms locally and only one was still intact. I kinda forgot about that for a while... maybe I should order some blanks online and try again. there is some nice homebrew out there for the vectrex. I still love that thing so much, the vector display is awesome!

Back