Minecraft on pyra?

rohezal

Advanced Member
Just for my curiosity, did someone try to run minecraft on a pyra or the omap5 dev board? Would love to see it. Since the psvita version has an extremly limited world size. The same is true for the switch.

It's very likely to work well, I just didn't have working OpenGL when I first attempted it on the devboard.

I quickly had an attempt on the devboard.
Minecraft is no longer delivered as a jar which made it a difficult start.
I tried copying it off of a windows machine but it meant I had to find all of the dependencies on my own. I believe Minecraft is using a 2.x version of LWJGL which wasn't compile for arm at the time. There are currently 3.x version of LWJGL which are compile for arm (both 32 and 64bit). Of course, version 3 isn't a drop in replacement for version 2 (at first glance).
I had a look at the Minecraft for pi option but it seems to depend on native code for the particular CPU.

The launcher for the Pandora version was recently updated, what version is that using? Never did get into Minecraft much, so I'm not entirely familiar with it outside of trying it a few times.

The launcher for the Pandora version was recently updated, what version is that using? Never did get into Minecraft much, so I'm not entirely familiar with it outside of trying it a few times.
I think it used the java version and it ran okay-ish. Assuming the Pandora can run it, the Pyra should do fine.
Probably an android version would be able to run to.

I quickly had an attempt on the devboard.
Minecraft is no longer delivered as a jar which made it a difficult start.
I tried copying it off of a windows machine but it meant I had to find all of the dependencies on my own. I believe Minecraft is using a 2.x version of LWJGL which wasn't compile for arm at the time. There are currently 3.x version of LWJGL which are compile for arm (both 32 and 64bit). Of course, version 3 isn't a drop in replacement for version 2 (at first glance).
I had a look at the Minecraft for pi option but it seems to depend on native code for the particular CPU.
I believe it is if you get the Linux version.

Someone should port MultiMC to the Pyra!

I tried running minecraft-pi over x11 yesterday ha ha.
didn't see shit!
assumed it was due to direct graphic access
let me see if I can find the jar..

Back