Might And Magic 3 (megadrive) And Picodrive.

mrpham

Still Fresh
I can't for the life of me get this thing working due to a 'Can't load BRAM' error. I recall having it working months ago with an earlier version of DrMD but even the latest versoin of DrMD fails to run it without displaying the same error. Has anyone been able to get this fine game working?

So why not get the old DrMD? I haven't got time to test now.

Miika said:
So why not get the old DrMD? I haven't got time to test now.
Does it take alot practice to be that much of an arse, or does it come naturally for you miika <_<

I'll test the game on my system now and get back to you shortly mrpham...

Last edited by a moderator:
mrpham said:
I can't for the life of me get this thing working due to a 'Can't load BRAM' error. I recall having it working months ago with an earlier version of DrMD but even the latest versoin of DrMD fails to run it without displaying the same error. Has anyone been able to get this fine game working?
The ROM you have is a bad dump, even PC emus have trouble with it. The GoodGEN name of the good one is "Might and Magic III - Isles of Terra (U) [h1C].bin", try to find it.

I get the same error using the newest version of picodrive with ROMs...

Might and Magic III - Isles of Terra (U) [f1] & Might and Magic III - Isles of Terra (U) [f2]

I didnt try the beta version of the ROM as i doubt you'll be playing with that :p But it would seem there is certainly a problem somewhere with this game.

EDIT: Seems notaz beat me to it with a better answer too B)

the rom for might and magic 3 at
freeroms works (works with picodrive 1.32)

cheers

(oops sorry did not realise)

peelie said:
the rom for might and magic 3 at
www.**********.com works

cheers

I suggest you edit that site out of your post before you get banned.

Posting of rom sites is NOT ALLOWED.

:)

Whoops, you better duck and cover reading the board faq, peelie. No links to that kind of stuff allowed here.

Edit: Sid was faster.

So, is this a good game? I remember last summer I practically lived in King's Bounty's Saharia continent, does M&M3 have such addictive play? :)

Thanks so much for the quick responses! I can't believe I wasted so much time on google assuming the that some 'bram' was at fault.

@Alex. If your in for an unique RPG that'll keep you hooked to its style of gameplay for many many MANY hours, Might and Magic 3 will keep you busy, which if you do enjoy yourself playing, you would then venture further with Might and Magic 1 for NES, Might and Magic 2 Snes/Genesis/Amiga, Might and Magic World of Xeen (4/5) DOS, Might and Magic 6 through 9. Hell, might as well throw in the Heroes of Might and Magic series, 1 through 5, the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Legend of Might and Magic, and Crusader of Might and Magic for good measure!

World of Xeen was awesome... haven`t played any other M&M game except some of the Heroes series... I think I have to try M&M3 sometime soon.

Yorper said:
Does it take alot practice to be that much of an arse, or does it come naturally for you miika <_<
It takes a lot of practise... I still fail sometimes!

mrpham said:
...Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Legend of Might and Magic, and Crusader of Might and Magic for good measure!
You forgot Warriors Of Might&Magic (PSX). Since Crusaders of M&M is also has PSX version we may soon see them on GP2X!

Back