Mech Commander Gold - Desperate Measures - High resolution patch

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
"Mech Commander" was a mind blowing game the time it came out, it was at least perfect as it was difficult !!

While reading around on ModDB.com, I found out that recently was released an high resolution patch for "Mech Commander Gold", that seems also to contain the source code.
(I'm not sure, but seems to me it was reverse engineered...)

The game itself seems to be freeware from 2006, so I'm pretty confident leaving here the link.

This is not the only download you'll need, but the instructions and the other links are in the download page itself.
I'll give a little explanation, because on Win10 it is no more possible to install the game, you will need to just mount this ISO (but not launch it), and then run the exe from one of the campaign folders that you can choose from the ones present on ModDB... there is the original campaign, but also some others that are completely modded new campaigns.

Last edited:
Just tried the original campaign... what a blast from the past !!
The Commander in the starting cinematic draws waypoints on the map with a pen on a touchscreen device... so damn 90's sci-fi badassery !! :cool:

I have only an observation about the higher resolution versions of the executable, them just works on the main game map, and actually at 1080p I find the things so small that I have to zoom in...
Instead MAIN MENU, MAP HUDS and CINEMATIC will remain at their original resolution (640x480), and they become smaller as the resolution goes higher...

Personally I find 1024x768 a good compromise (naturally NOT widescreen stretched !!) :happy:

The men knows how to play... I just want to be able to finish the original game for once :(

This game has the SAME difficulty type of HOMEWORLD... you just can't beat it the first time you play, you must know the events before them happens, so you are prepared for a counter... also both games share the same mentality of "get stuff from the enemy" to be used in later missions, and if you didn't do that, in later missions you'll be outnumbered...

Back