GP32 Maybe this is a stupid idea, but...

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
I was thinking about the practical applications of the internet-via-USB programs made for the GP32, and I got this odd idea for an "Offline / Online Game".

Here's the gist: A game is made which plays like a MMORPG, but isn't actually online (think .hack for the PSX). However, there will be two types of players: NPCs, and "Personality Script" PCs. As you play the game, a knowledge base collects information on your actions and tendencies. When you connect to the PC database, it transmits this information to the other real players as an AI script, and that player is added / updated on "your world". Other additions would be trades and "vendors" made by players this way, and possibly email-like messages passed back and forth.

Well...maybe I should just get back to coding.

well... i had that idea , too

and i claimed that 1.5 years ago at

empee's International GP32 Projects site
and at #gp32dev...

and had that idea even before gp32's release 8)

so..

idea is good but old

^____^

Yeah, and I invented Windows long before Bill thought of it, but I don't see any royalties. Whoever implements the idea first gets all the glory.

Even with that said, I was just throwing the idea out to anyone who wants it - so consider it Public Domain ;)

I had that idea, too before, and I was thinking of putting it in gpchess, only problem is that I have no idea how to go about doing it :(

Back