Mario Kart 8 running on Cemu (WiiU Emulator)

Garrett

Advanced Member
Lots of issues atm & requiring a beefy system but I'd say that is some very impressive work considering the first public build was released in October.. I'll not be expecting to play Zelda WiiU on my rig anytime soon but will certainly be keeping a close eye on this project.

http://cemu.info/index.html#download

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Nice that it works and impressive progression compared to the old version. But there seems some shaders and effects are still missing (fascinating how different some lightning and shading effects alone can make a game look).

Funny how simple the graphics of that game actualy are when not covered by "fancy overlay effects". Such an game could run on a low end PC, if made a native port I guess, what do you think?

Great, my system can't even handle Wii and there's already an improving WiiU emulator.

Nice work though.

Interesting. Nice that it works and impressive progression compared to the old version. But there seems some shaders and effects are still missing (fascinating how different some lightning and shading effects alone can make a game look).

Funny how simple the graphics of that game actualy are when not covered by "fancy overlay effects". Such an game could run on a low end PC, if made a native port I guess, what do you think?

Wasn't this always the case with Nintendo at least since N64?

Not sure, I know that with alot of "dirty tricks" you can lower system requirements of an Emulator alot. I played N64 games pretty nicely on a Pentium 2 with 266MHz, a Voodoo2 with 8 Mb VRam (!) and the famous "UltraHLE" Emulator ages ago.

I don't know any "native ports" of Nintendo games but when I see what notaz was able to do on the Pandora already (Diablo 1-2, Star Craft etc...) then I can imagine that Wii(U) games could run comparable well on modern PC's if using the same methods. Even last gen Consoles like PS3 and X360 I guess.

But I know, this is not emulation and a different story.

Awesome!

Maybe in a year or two I can play Lego City Undercover again (which I currently can't because Nintendo goofed it up, Disc is fine, WiiU is fine, but the WiiU throws an error every time). But does anybody know (or has a bunch of links about):

• wether they want to implement a virtual gamepad  > will the second screen be rendered too ?
  • how to rip WiiU Discs or their content installed on the WiiUs internal/external memory ?

wether they want to implement a virtual gamepad  > will the second screen be rendered too ?

They could make a tablet mode for the 2. screen, if you have a  tablet or so. At least under Win10 there is some "crossplay" possible between PC and Surface tablets afaik (see Minecraft)

Back