Beta Mame4All Beta

SteveM said:
Seleuco said:
Steve, i added analog and better sound stuff on my iMAME port.... Maybe it could be useful for you...

http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/
Hi! Thanks for that. I take it the "AudioToolbox" stuff is iOS-specific? I have some analogue stuff in place. My main issue right now is having MAME recognise the analogue controls. Whatever I do, osd_analogjoy_read() doesn't seem to ever get called. Did you experience anything like that? It's probably something to do with me messing with the joystick list.

I had not problems with osd_analogjoy_read()... But It should be called, if not star wars doesn't move... Check it...

Osd_analogjoy_read() Is the analog stick emulated entry point... But not the only one... Also osd track read is very important for pedals and other analog stuff. You should emulate a mouse there with the pandora analog input. Most of the analog games uses track input instead stick analog input.

Check out iOs code path....

http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/source/browse/trunk/src/iOS/input.cpp

void osd_analogjoy_read(int player,int *analog_x, int *analog_y)
void osd_trak_read(int player,int *deltax,int *deltay)

You must put analog stuff there, mame analog input is game dependent... You should emulate analog track input and stick input..

Also you need to hack mame code on inptport (there are a mame team bug there doing analog not work as should be) is related with keyboard delta

Check out this changes:

http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/source/detail?r=28

I implemented mutex FIFO sound buffer... It could be useful since you can play to sync with it... I removed original async thread stuff.

http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/source/browse/trunk/src/iOS/minimal.cpp

Uncoment sync stuff and watch if your sound problem is related to sync.... Disable vsync and do audio sync instead... You need to test with a game without frame drops.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Seleuco

Many thanks for taking time to post here & helping out with this, due to SteveM, Mame on Pandora is truly awesome, with your help who knows we could be losing the beta tag soon.

It gives me a warm feeling to see this sort of cooperation. :D

Mr Loon said:
@ Seleuco

Many thanks for taking time to post here & helping out with this, due to SteveM, Mame on Pandora is truly awesome, with your help who knows we could be losing the beta tag soon.

It gives me a warm feeling to see this sort of cooperation. :D
+1

MAME fanboy here

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Just wishing someone could tell me why I could not replicate the sound issues that some people are having here with MAME. For instance QBert sounds fine to me. I understand there is an issue with the code, but I also wonder if there is any issue regarding hardware or board differences, sound chips etc. Not trying to pry or be annoying here, but just trying to find and hear what is wrong.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

^ I'm curious also, as I've heard no sound problems with any of the titles in my collection. The ones I've played so far are listed below for ease of reading - I have encountered no sound issues with any of them.

Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
Mappy
Ms. Pac-Man
Pac-Man
Pirate Ship Higemaru
Pooyan
Rockman: The Power Battle
Root Beer Tapper
Swimmer
The NewZealand Story

(As an aside, Root Beer Tapper is *ridiculously* fun! :D)

Prometheus said:
^ I'm curious also, as I've heard no sound problems with any of the titles in my collection. The ones I've played so far are listed below for ease of reading - I have encountered no sound issues with any of them.

Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
Mappy
Ms. Pac-Man
Pac-Man
Pirate Ship Higemaru
Pooyan
Root Beer Tapper
Swimmer
The NewZealand Story

(As an aside, Root Beer Tapper is *ridiculously* fun! :D )

Try Donkey Kong jr.

If you don't hear the popping then either you are deef, or you have a special Pandora.

DaveC said:
Prometheus said:

Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
Mappy
Ms. Pac-Man
Pac-Man
Pirate Ship Higemaru
Pooyan
Root Beer Tapper
Swimmer
The NewZealand Story

(As an aside, Root Beer Tapper is *ridiculously* fun! :D )

Try Donkey Kong jr.

If you don't hear the popping then either you are deef, or you have a special Pandora.
Well, I just tried DKjr. and there is for sure a sound problem. It is a small crackling/popping sound. I had to turn my volume up all the way, and it was still hard to really notice, but is is indeed there. I can see how many would never notice it, as it is not really bad(my opinion of course). It's kinda of like screen tear or ghosting on the lcd. A lot of people might never notice it, but once you do, you'll see it all the time.

I hardly ever turn my volume up all the way, so it is still not a problem for me, but for those who can't hear it, it is there. You just need a good set of ears, and a clear understanding of what should be, and what should not be.

Chris

I'm afraid I can't try it, Dave, I'm sorry. I do not own that game (still keeping an eye out for an affordable genuine board, though I'd be just as happy if they'd sell it via the Wii Virtual Console Arcade service), so I won't touch any ROM dumps. :p

Just curious - anyone attempted to add netplay to the pandora port of Mame4All? It looks like it has some support for it in the sourcecode (just briefly started looking at the network.cpp/network.h files). No clue what all is involved in actually compiling it with support - but figured I'd ask before I started digging around myself :).

MooTheKow said:
Just curious - anyone attempted to add netplay to the pandora port of Mame4All? It looks like it has some support for it in the sourcecode (just briefly started looking at the network.cpp/network.h files). No clue what all is involved in actually compiling it with support - but figured I'd ask before I started digging around myself :).
I've certainly not looked at it. The network stuff doesn't appear to belong to any particular port and, as I think you noticed, it doesn't appear to be compiled in anywhere. That should be easy enough to do by adding the object to one of the ".mak" files but going by other stuff I found in the tree, it could be that the network support is just an experimental stub, so you might want to try contacting the original developers for more info.

Does anyone know if BattleToads works with mame?

I've been trying to get it to work but mame4all says no roms found...

HackModford said:
Does anyone know if BattleToads works with mame?

I've been trying to get it to work but mame4all says no roms found...

I think you're out of luck with that one. Mame4All only supports the 0.37b5 rom set and from looking at my set battletoads does not appear to be part of that set.

Have you tried the other versions of Mame that run on Pandora?

I've never been a mame guy so I'm kinda out of my league... but I will give the others a try.

What is a romset? Is it just a list of what works? where can I get it?

Just tried the other one and it just says OOPS :p

What are some recommended games for MAME?

Nevermind it worked in the other version of mame... but I have no idea how to set up the controls...

I figured it out but I'm going to open another thread Thanx guys!

is Mame4All on site http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,73,200 latest version of this emulator?

Back