1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Mame4all appdata folder

Discussion in 'Support Area' started by Wilhood, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Wilhood

Wilhood Member

Hi
    I am trying to get mame4all working but if I run the pnd it doesn't create a appdata folder to put the roms in.
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. Linux-SWAT

Linux-SWAT Advanced Member

This may be a hidden folder (name starting with a dot), be sure to display them.

3. Wilhood

Wilhood Member

Hi
    I did have it working until I did a fresh install of the mame4all pnd and deleted the mame4all appdata folder.
    There was a mame4all appdata folder before but now when I run the pnd it doesn't create a folder.

4. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Does it come up with the 'ERROR: NO GAME ROMS FOUND' (I may have forgotten the exact error message)? I just downloaded it and tried it and it gave me some error along those lines and created the appdata folder and subfolders.

It looks to be a similar structure to that used by panmame, which is a more recent mame you could try fwiw. But you could also just run it then rename the appdata folder to mame4all.

I'm not sure why it's not creating it properly itself. Might be time to reboot your pandora - I do find mine sometimes starts to do strange things after a few weeks of uptime. Just today I failed to spot it blinking its red light at me, and it drained it's battery on me, despite me expecting it to run low and keeping a fairly close eye on it, so I ended up doing a forced reboot a few hours ago.

5. Wilhood

Wilhood Member

Hi
    When I run the pnd the screen goes black and then returns to the menu screen, no error message comes up.

6. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Okay, it should have created a file in /tmp called pndrun_mame4all.out or something like that. It should only be a page or so of text if it crashes soon after loading; can you find that and paste it here?