Mame Vs. Gngeo

QuasaR

Website
www.echtzeitroolen.de
Hi there!
Just read that MAME could handle NeoGeo games. Can anybody tell me if they're faster/better than with GnGeo2x? Just wondering, since MAME uses Reesys' Z80 core which seems to be quite faster than the "normal" C core...

Gngeo2x also use some ASM code en use optimised Z80 core

I play them on MAME just because it's more convenient, haven't gotten around to figuring out gngeo, I just remember seeing lots of posts of people trying to figure out which roms to use and having to use scripts and it looked like too much of a headache to get working right. With the MAME version you can use CLRMAME and get good roms easily.

cbox posted on Mar 6 2006 at 06:42 PM said:
I play them on MAME just because it's more convenient, haven't gotten around to figuring out gngeo, I just remember seeing lots of posts of people trying to figure out which roms to use and having to use scripts and it looked like too much of a headache to get working right. With the MAME version you can use CLRMAME and get good roms easily.

actually there is a choice of frontends now, no scripts required. and also as long as you get mame roms, it should be absolutely fine - the vast majority of games have been seen to work now.

Last edited by a moderator:
cbox posted on Mar 6 2006 at 06:42 PM said:

If you use GNGeo make sure to set the sample rate to 11025 to get decent speeds when sound is on. If left at the default 22050 KHz games will be too choppy when sound is on.

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a romrc file that has support for the rest of the romsets that seem to be missing or is it because gngeo doesn't support it?

Back