Mame Help!!!!!!

Lontra99

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi

Here´s whats going on....i downloaded some games for mame, some of them worked, others kept asking for some specific files to work like sfix.sfx. I made a web research and discovered that these files were part of a neo geo bios that I should download and unzip to the roms directory.
The files are there, I ran mame, used the refresh option, but the same games keep asking for those files again and again, in order to work. What am I doing wrong?

Hope somebody can help!!!

Thanks

Street Hoop, Metal Slug 2, Aero Fighters, Fatal Fury, these need the bios
Also, i downloaded Die Hard Arcade, and it keeps asking me for a file that i dont have (its something like ep345s.something) . Any ideais of what is causing the problem??

You also need the right version of the the roms so it fits your mame emu version. You can use (CLR mame) to update your roms. It has it's own web site, you can get it there and there should be some instructions to.

Die Hard Arcade is ST-V Hardware. You need stvbios.zip

It's barely playable in MAME.
Plus video emulation is incomplete (something wrong with the driver - the video RAM ics come up bad in the test). On my Athlon 1.4 GHz I only get 31% speed at frameskip 11 (admittedly with other crap running in the background).

I dont know if this has been asked yet, but is thgere any possible way to play the good neogeo roms on here? like samurai shodown and what not? or cps1 or cps2 roms?

It may be impossible to play any of those roms on the gp32, but is there anyone working towards it at all?

Back