Mame Gp2x 4.8

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
Little news this time:

- Some GP2X F-100 MK1 consoles do not like the 120hz LCD refresh rate (the screen gets bright).
The 120hz mode is only activated now if the VSync option is activated. Thx, damned, for the report.
- Other minor optimizations and bug-fixes.
- Added a new game: Donkey Kong Factory (US) (dkongex). Thanks to Budbud.
- Integrated the source code of the PSP port done by TTYman.

Get it here: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Fantastic to see continued updates of this excellent program. :D

Can you tell us what the significance is of the "integrated the PSP port" bit?

slaanesh said:
Excellent! Thanks!

Let me know when you are in the mood for another release as I have a few improvements and some new games to be added too.
Sorry Slaanesh, i forgot...

I haven't released a version for a long time and TTYman sent me its modified MAME4ALL sources to be also compiled for the PSP, and i though it was enough to release the new version (to have all the ports in sync)... But i have no problem to release a another new version when you want :D .

Anyway i promise to contact you before the next release...

Slaanesh, tell me something about your news !!!. New games? :eek:

Thanks and regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now, i can´t use vsync? I always use Vsync :(

I hope that the F200 works well with that mode.

Rivroner said:

Why? If you activate the VSync option, the VSync option will run ok (because the 120 hz video rate is enabled). But for some GP2X F100 MK1, the screen gets bright when the VSync option is activated.
The only fix in this version about this is to only use the 120 hz video rate when VSync enabled, in the previous version it was activated always when the emulator boots...

PD: Thanks to everybody !.

Franxis said:
Rivroner said:

Why? If you activate the VSync option, the VSync option will run ok (because the 120 hz video rate is enabled). But for some GP2X F100 MK1, the screen gets bright when the VSync option is activated.
The only fix in this version about this is to only use the 120 hz video rate when VSync enabled, in the previous version it was activated always when the emulator boots...

PD: Thanks to everybody !.

No lo entiendo tío :D Perdón por hablar en español pero esto hay que aclararlo :D

A ver, a mí antes no se me veía con más brillo y tengo una MK1 que sí me da problemas en el Picodrive por ejemplo al ponerle el Perfect Vsync a 120 hz.

Bueno, lo mejor es que lo pruebe y si ahora me da problemas con el Vsync pues a joderme toca :D

Muchas gracias por todo tu tiempo y trabajo que tanto nos hace disfrutar ;)

Franxis said:
Little news this time:

- Some GP2X F-100 MK1 consoles do not like the 120hz LCD refresh rate (the screen gets bright).
The 120hz mode is only activated now if the VSync option is activated. Thx, damned, for the report.
- Other minor optimizations and bug-fixes.
- Added a new game: Donkey Kong Factory (US) (dkongex). Thanks to Budbud.
- Integrated the source code of the PSP port done by TTYman.

Get it here: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Thanks Franxis :) Bud

chaos engineer said:
How is the psp port compared to the gp2x version?
Most of the games I tried in the psp port seem to run slower than in the GP2X version. The games I tried were Aerofighters, TMNT, and Midnight Resistance. These were all clocked to 333mhz and 22hz sound without vsync. I'm sure there might be some other games though that run great just like the GP2X version. Well most games run good just seem a bit slower than the GP2XMAME. However for MAME on psp it's a definite improvement, I'm just spoiled from the GP2X version, especially since it plays Outrun! :) Also thanks for the extra work on this guys. Everyone always looks forward to a new release! Thanks again.

geise69 said:
chaos engineer said:
Most of the games I tried in the psp port seem to run slower than in the GP2X version. The games I tried were Aerofighters, TMNT, and Midnight Resistance. These were all clocked to 333mhz and 22hz sound without vsync. I'm sure there might be some other games though that run great just like the GP2X version. Well most games run good just seem a bit slower than the GP2XMAME. However for MAME on psp it's a definite improvement, I'm just spoiled from the GP2X version, especially since it plays Outrun! :) Also thanks for the extra work on this guys. Everyone always looks forward to a new release! Thanks again.

Wait for the next release by TTYman... He told me the v4.8 is a lot faster than the current version (some data types issues due to the 64-bit architecture of the PSP).

geise69 said:
chaos engineer said:

thanks for this geise69. So I stick to the gp2x version. my memory stick is anyway full with neo geo, gba, cps2, cps 1 and some psx roms,

EDIT: @Franxis: thanks for the info. Nice that you work together with TTYman; I hope that TTYman succeeds. Would be very nice if your absolutely fantastic mame port operated with full power on the psp at 333mhz.

slaanesh said:
Excellent! Thanks!

Let me know when you are in the mood for another release as I have a few improvements and some new games to be added too.
Ehi Mythical Slaanesh... but Empire City? Knucle Joe? Where are? eheheh :p lol :lol:

And of course thanks Mythical Franxis ... ;)

slaanesh said:
Excellent! Thanks!

Thanks guys!
I hope will be included sound fix for rygar :)

pomata said:
slaanesh said:
Excellent! Thanks!

Ehi Mythical Slaanesh... but Empire City? Knucle Joe? Where are? eheheh :p lol :lol:

And of course thanks Mythical Franxis ... ;)

Yes you are right - these are the games that I wish to include! :)

noldor73 said:
slaanesh said:
Excellent! Thanks!

Thanks guys!
I hope will be included sound fix for rygar :)

I was working on this too.

Back