Making A Lit Out Of Non-lit Gp32

Hi, today I disassembled my baby to see what it looked like (and eventually do a button mod). I was wondering if it could be possible to put some small leds behind the screen to make a sort of lit screen? It could be nice since I really like my GP32 (It overclock to 220 MHz!!) but I want to play even when there's not much light... Could it be possible assuming the correct type of lights could be found? I don't know if this is important but I also have a glass screen on it.

sry nothing like that yet...
I have tried multiple things, so have others, the only one that worked was a PDA screen someon used.... its around here somewhere

~Octavious

Yeah but if I was putting some leds behind the screen, would the light pass throught the screen, in theory... or is the membrane not transparent... Sorry for my english...

I dont think the membrane is transparent. That's why they made the flu before changing the screen they used and made blu.

Hey, Has Nerd of Nerds forgotten about his Gp32? I dont see him around anymore.....

I think it would be possible putting small LED's (like the ones on Mobile phones) around the sides of the GP32... If I still had my Non Lit I would try it.. but I have a BLU and FLU now...

Hey, Has Nerd of Nerds forgotten about his Gp32? I dont see him around anymore.....

I don't know. Looking back on the posts I found a lot of good members that I haven't seen in a while. Kind of nice to remember early days of the small GP32 scene. I would love to get back to that small, helpful community. Oh well. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not possible.

Lights from the rear wouldn't shine through. And lights on the sides would only illuminate out about 1/2 inch.

You would need a light guide thats big enough to cover the whole screen. The light guide is what distributes the light across the whole screen. And the only way to get one is to salvage one from a busted PDA. It's just much easier to sell yours on Ebay and buy a BLU...

Theres a guide to mod a GBA wormlight for a GP32 that looked pretty simple. cant remember the site but i could probably find it on my pc if anyone really wanted to try :)

I did that and it worked excellent (like the FLU except the Wormlight took up the EXT Port)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have no idea sorry.

I don't know. Looking back on the posts I found a lot of good members that I haven't seen in a while. Kind of nice to remember early days of the small GP32 scene. I would love to get back to that small, helpful community. Oh well.

il second that, god people were really helpul then. Im sorry to say but the gp32 scene is slowly dieing IMO. I havent played mine for a good 2 months, i used to play it every night. Tis still my baby tho!

Back