Main Website And Forums Down

demonstar3

Still Fresh
Hi! I haven't checked the forums in the last couple of days, did it just happen or was it down yesterday?

It just went down today, probably about an hour ago, maybe two. Hopefully ED is on it or will be soon.

Official site/forum, Repo, File archive, Wiki & Pandorapress all inaccessible for me for the last 3-4 hours!

Didn't ED say something about an update recently? Not about a blackout though.

Akabei said:
Yeah, it's really a nice joke to take the servers down, when most traffic of the whole week is expected.
Funnily enough, GP32X is on the exact same server... ;)

Asmo said:
Official site/forum, Repo, File archive, Wiki & Pandorapress all inaccessible for me for the last 3-4 hours!
Same here, though I didn't know about PandoraPress.

Last edited by a moderator:
And just when I make a new Rainy Day video to post on the forums it's down... :( Well, I know this is not the right place but for those who are interested ---> Rainy Day WIP November 13th 2011

Prometheus said:
Funnily enough, GP32X is on the exact same server... ;)
Apparently it isn't. DNS records have gp32x.de on 85.214.117.239 and openpandora.org (as well as gp2x.de and openhandhelds.org) on 178.63.21.4.
I do remember ED saying that they were on the same server at one point in time, so why are they not now? Only thing I can think of is that the server was upgraded and given a new IP address but only the root domain (gp32x.de I would guess) was automatically updated. The rest are secondary addresses and need to be manually changed over. I'd just give it some time before ED gets back online.

Maybe it would be a good idea to split the Forums and Archive to different Servers? Imagine we get alot of Attention for the Pandora one day and many people storm the sites, would be bad if every pandora releated site is down then at the same time. ;)
At least we have our old english Forum here for such emergency cases...however, some cleaning here could not hurt, I smell evil spambots.

Report them, then, please. If they're not reported, it's not so easy to deal with them, as we can't comb every single post in every single section daily. :p

EDIT: It's back up again.

You can't simply choose the spambot "user" and delete all of it's posts at once with an option? I thought this is possible for Mods or at least Admins.

It is possible. Took a while to find the option but it's there. Just select the user and unapprove all.
Of course that only helps with the ones that do multiple spam threads. The vast majority are still one hit wonders, leaving a single (maybe 2 or 3) post and leaving, never to try again. It doesn't make any difference though if we don't know about the thread. :p
Once I was aware that someone was posting into the gp32 help section I went through and cleaned it all out, but before that I never visited the gp32 section.

PandoraPress is on a private server and sadly the WP set-up keeps crashing and we are too busy right now to investigate the problem in detail.
For now the server just needs to be restarted, so whenever the site is down drop us (or atomicthumbs for that matter, who is the admin) a mail and let us know, thanks :)

Atomicthumbs has been notified of the current status, so the blog should be up again soon.

WizardStan said:
There is a kill switch, someone just has to be around to throw it. :p
And we can't throw it if we're not told that we need to do so. :p

Back