LVDS connector on motherboard: P/N?

cuantar

Wizard
Hi. My pandora's LVDS jaw connector on the motherboard is broken. I want to try to replace it if I can't find another pandora. It looks less difficult than I initially thought. Does anyone know the part number?

It's a FH18-51S-0.3SHW from Hirose Electric Co. Ltd. according to the BOM. Good luck replacing it; I trashed mine and most of the traces running to it when I pulled it off my Pandora because it was shorting out.

This part seems to have fewer pins than the one I removed from my pandora. I put it on anyway (so there's an empty solder pad on each side of the front (closest side to the LCD cable) of the connector. The jaw lever also closes toward the back of the connector, rather than over the cable; this is the only way it would fit on the back pads. No luck; the screen is still blank and unpowered when the machine is on. It'd be great if this part really were not the right one, as then I'd still have a hope of resurrecting my pandora.

Does anyone have a photo showing the LCD cable connector soldered on the pandora's motherboard?

Back