Lugaru Unplayable

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
I got this game up and running but it's severely glitched. Bad to the point that it's unplayable. From what I've read this game should run pretty decently. I also see that it hasn't been updated in a while so could that be the problem? I used the files I had from the original Humble Bundle btw.

Lugaru:

A rabbit with fighting skills kills other rabbits.

This is one of the most insane games I've ever seen. ;)

i had the same problem, unplayable on pandora :( due to graphical glitches, if its any consolation i'm also having similar problems with AvP, you could try running with 

Notaz's beta SGX drivers (version 4.08.00.02...) this might help havent tried it yet

i had the same problem, unplayable on pandora :( due to graphical glitches, if its any consolation i'm also having similar problems with AvP, you could try running with 

Notaz's beta SGX drivers (version 4.08.00.02...) this might help havent tried it yet
Are those drivers included in the latest firmware, as I have yet to upgrade? AvP is ok for me, Lugaru is the first game i've come across with these graphical problems. Pickle's other Humble Bundle ports, Gish and VVVVVV, seem to be fine though. Gish really should be added to the repo btw.

gish is on the OLD repo, and runs GREAT

re: AvP i'm uising my old disk (c2003) installed on my pc (but as i use a modern operating system it doesnt run on PC) copied the game files to my pandora and renamed them as instructed on the repo, did i do something wrong?

maybe i should do a clean install on my pc and recopy the files...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gish plays like dirty gush for me... :angry:

Last edited:
no way dude, on my 1GHz @ 800 it is smooth like your mother, no jerkiness or glitching etc should run sweet! 

no way dude, on my 1GHz @ 800 it is smooth like your mother, no jerkiness or glitching etc should run sweet! 
My Mother?....are you f.....g  out of your gord?   :angry:

Who do you think you are to say that to me?       ......might I be interpreting this the wrong way? I hope so.

Will a moderator intervene here before I type something I might regret.?

Last edited:
It's classic "trash talk", he isn't literally talking about your mother. It's a joke that probably doesn't cross languages very well. It's not a very appropriate joke, either, but certainly nothing to get so angry you might do something you'll regret.

It's classic "trash talk", he isn't literally talking about your mother. It's a joke that probably doesn't cross languages very well. It's not a very appropriate joke, either, but certainly nothing to get so angry you might do something you'll regret.
Right then...thanks for the clarification. ;)

@Monkfish....Sorry to carry on. Misunderstood I suppose.  ;)

Last edited:
I always interpreted that particular invective to refer to your mother's rugae (which are up her... um... lady-garden) which may have been worn down by overuse, and thus the smoothness that he particularly enjoys. Such people need only little lubricant, which is ironic since they tend to be the ones that get most excited.

One could also interpret it as your mother being someone who applies a lot of oil to their body in order to facilitate lewd acts of uncertain value to those uninterested in those particular fetishes - perhaps the liberal application of actual butter? I suspect you would be the only one to truly know your mother's preferences in that regard.

So yes, it's a difficult one to take[1].

D.

[1] a phrase that unfortunately your mother may have yet to utter.

I always interpreted that particular invective to refer to your mother's rugae (which are up her... um... lady-garden) which may have been worn down by overuse, and thus the smoothness that he particularly enjoys. Such people need only little lubricant, which is ironic since they tend to be the ones that get most excited.

One could also interpret it as your mother being someone who applies a lot of oil to their body in order to facilitate lewd acts of uncertain value to those uninterested in those particular fetishes - perhaps the liberal application of actual butter? I suspect you would be the only one to truly know your mother's preferences in that regard.

D.

You Sir/Maam are one sick minded person. I suppose you must know this already yes? Perhaps you relish being perceived as such?

sniff sniff I smell a crazy troll.  -_-

Last edited:
Well regardless of anyone's psychosexual maternal innuendos I still cannot play GISH. 

Downloaded the demo version. I was only able to get to the main menu, enter a username, begin a level only to be redirected to the main menu again.

Oh well no dish of Gish then.

D.

You Sir/Maam are one sick minded person. I suppose you must know this already yes? Perhaps you relish being perceived as such?
I'd question my mind being sick; it's your mother being discussed after all, and I don't even know you let alone her - and certainly not as well as Monkfish appears to. Surely though, what she gets up to in her own private life is of no concern of ours, no matter how many men are involved so long as it's consensual.

I'd drop it, personally, as I doubt she'll thank you for besmirching her name like this.

D.

D.

I'd question my mind being sick; it's your mother being discussed after all, and I don't even know you let alone her - and certainly not as well as Monkfish appears to. Surely though, what she gets up to in her own private life is of no concern of ours, no matter how many men are involved so long as it's consensual.

I'd drop it, personally, as I doubt she'll thank you for besmirching her name like this.

D.
If you said this to me in the physical life I swear I would enjoy beating you to a pulp...and I know I could too.  Know this...I dislike you but you are not worth any further discussion. People like you troll in here and try to elicit a reaction  based on a conversation that has nothing to do with them/you. So enjoy making rude innuendos about my Mother you sick attention whore seeking bastard. ;)

D.

D.
If you said this to me in the physical life I swear I would enjoy beating you to a pulp...and I know I could too.  Know this...I dislike you but you are not worth any further discussion. People like you troll in here and try to elicit a reaction  based on a conversation that has nothing to do with them/you. So enjoy making rude innuendos about my Mother you sick attention whore seeking bastard. ;)
Good heavens! This is what I get for trying to be helpful. Monkfish made a comment, you requested clarification. I suggested ways that this might be interpreted, and indeed why Mr Monkfish might have made such comments. And your reaction to this purely conversational dialogue is threats of violence.
Why, you must be such a treat to know IRL. Do you always resort to violence (of course, violence is the resort of folk that cannot argue effectively or intelligently), or just when you feel your nearest and dearests' personal lives are being exposed?

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could we stop this, please.

Those "mother" phrase was just nothing.

It's some peoples way to speak.

If you don't like it it's you right and others should respect that.

But that's it.

No big discussion here, please.

Could we stop this, please.

Those "mother" phrase was just nothing.

It's some peoples way to speak.

If you don't like it it's you right and others should respect that.

But that's it.

No big discussion here, please.
^agreed.

@ZXDunny....I apologize for my reaction. I appreciate your helpfulness and I did not realize it.

Last edited:
to clarify: smooth as in "unwrinkled" but if you want to take it as something sexual feel free to do so, thats entirely your choice as it's a deliberately ambiguous statement. On the plus-side i think i got Gish running smoothly for CCF now :) , just a little tinkering in the app data folder was all that was needed. Any progress on Lugaru's playability?

to clarify: smooth as in "unwrinkled" but if you want to take it as something sexual feel free to do so, thats entirely your choice as it's a deliberately ambiguous statement. On the plus-side i think i got Gish running smoothly for CCF now :) , just a little tinkering in the app data folder was all that was needed. Any progress on Lugaru's playability?
Thanks for your help.  ;)

Back