LOVE 2D - game engine

erico

Advanced Member
Website
sites.google.com
Hello chaps, I was wondering, Love seems capable to run on pandora/pyra, I can´t find much on the forum about it.
Would it run/work?
Lot´s of nice games from compos and the last GBjam5 were done with it, it could be a great source of nice games if ported.
https://love2d.org

ptitSeb ported Mari0, Not Pacman and Not Tetris to the Pandora, which are Love games from stabyourself.net . Those work very well on my Pandora, though Mari0 is a little hard to control using nubs. I hope they are ported to the Pyra eventually, as they're a lot of fun, and the Pyra's nubs should make playing Mari0 a little better. They all run on Love 0.8 though, not the latest 0.10, and I recall there was some trouble building later versions of Love.

Love 0.8, Love 0.9, Love 0.10+ are all already ported on the Pandora and running fine (two first are using glshim, the later is use gles2). I don't see any issue here, it should be fine on the Pyra.

Nice to know!
I never worked with Lua neither Love, I wonder how much work one would need to port a game to the pandora, apart from a resolution fit and maybe controls.
Back in GLBasic, if I want the same code to run on the likes of pc/mac/android/caanoo, I have to be a bit careful on how I code it in the first place, specially gfx movements.
Thanks for the answers.

Love 0.8, Love 0.9, Love 0.10+ are all already ported on the Pandora and running fine (two first are using glshim, the later is use gles2). I don't see any issue here, it should be fine on the Pyra.

Can I ask where is the 0.10 version? Is it with those games mentioned above?

Back