Looky Looky!

Kai

Website
cuboard.proboards14.com
I just went into Gamestation to have a look at their retro pre-owned section, and came across not one, but two, mint condition (and I mean not a scratch) Virtual Boys, each with two games. One would cost you.... wait for it... just under two-hundred of your hard earned pounds with both games.... the other.... £225, again with two games...

This is crazy. Both were in perfect condition, obviously without a box, and no manuals but aside from that... PERFECT! The reason the prices differed was because of the games... which I cannot remember what they were.

But still... a little steep, don't ya think?

If this is gamestation, I did not find any Virtual Boys. Mine cost me 65$, complete with manual, Mario Clash and Tennis which also had manuals and dust covers. Of course there are some games that are just extraordinarily expensive, like Insmouse no yokata, Gundam or Space Invaders (and by expensive I mean it may reach the thousands).

Gamestation is run shop by shop, the trade-in is thru shops only (for retro anyway) so any retro consoles that come into a shop get sold thru that shop so there is no shared stock

Its a good system coz it means u gotta go in the shop in the first place to find out if they got what u want, things go quick mind, the bloke sed he had a Sega Saturn in the window for 1 hour before someone bought it, it was £20 w/NiGHTS

Yeah, they're a good shop, I first went in the one near me only a few months ago and got a dreamcast.

Most of their prices a cheaper than ebay in my experience. Which is cool when you want to re-selll your games.

pubjoe posted on May 19 2004 at 08:30 AM said:
Yeah, they're a good shop, I first went in the one near me only a few months ago and got a dreamcast.

Most of their prices a cheaper than ebay in my experience. Which is cool when you want to re-selll your games.
GameStation is pretty cool. Although since they did it up the one in Hull is always packed (literally you cant move because of the queue). And its all mothers and townies :(. I liked it when it was dark and dingry and only a few geeks in.

The one in Hull has Panzer Dragoon Sage, it was 120 quid originally, its dropped to 100 then 80 quid :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back